Earth to Brain, Earth to Brain...
The last 24 hours has convinced me that the whole concept of 'placenta brain' really does exist. I can be as absent-minded as the next person, but there has been something truly bizarre going on in the last week or two and it's getting out of control! Based on what I've read, it certainly coincides with me entering my third trimester. In the last 24 hours alone I have done the following: forgot to include a tip on a credit-card purchased meal, forgot to turn my car lights off which required a call to roadside assistance to get a boost (okay, that was a big one!), forgot to put an envelope of important midwifery documents (including personal health information) into the car, and somehow lost my day planner at my appointment, which also has a fair bit of personal information.
If anyone has any bright ideas as to how I can manage my life a little better while hormones are wreaking havoc on my brain's memory function - I'm listening!!
If anyone has any bright ideas as to how I can manage my life a little better while hormones are wreaking havoc on my brain's memory function - I'm listening!!


3 Comments:
At 1:18 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
Hey, I think I've had 'placenta brain'! I call it being high, though. I deal with it by spending more time on the couch.
At 1:33 PM,
Melbine said…
Ha ha! Never thought of it that way! I'm still waiting to hear if they're able to find any of my important things that I lost somehow between my midwife appointment and the drive home. Sigh.
At 2:18 PM,
Sugarplum said…
Sorry to hear you're having trouble staying on topic - I feel the same way but that's because I suddenly have a head cold. I think it is my body reacting to the fact that for the first time since I moved back to Canada, I have been out of my home more than I have been in it!! And now an unscheduled last minute trip to Ohio means I will not be able to nurse it. How come time slows to snail pace at 3 pm everyday?
Post a Comment
<< Home