Potties and Potty Mouths
Before I begin my post, I want to extend my sympathy to Sugarplum and the Dude over the loss of Charlie, the coolest cat around. Literally.
This month has been no less busy than the last but, strangely, I seem to like it that way. I remember when I was pregnant with Tink, I was a social butterfly, arranging get-togethers and hitting the town regularly. It's like this burst of energy that my body puts forth; it knows that I will be hibernating for the next half-year after my new little one is born. This month has seen us trek off to the cottage, a visit from my parents, and a few dates with Dr. Oxford who was in town to show her new beau the capital city. Tomorrow Tink's swimming lessons start and they will be every morning for the next two weeks. I'm really looking forward to them but I am also mourning the fact that this is the last class that I go in the pool with him. He's becoming such a big boy...
...which leads me to the real subject of this post - potty training! Tink is doing so well with the concept and he has far surpassed my expectations of him this summer. I wanted to see if I could get him at least interested in the idea and he has taken it and run with it! He loves to sit on the potty and he loves to say bye-bye to his pee and poop as we flush it down the toilet (sorry if you're reading this while eating). I have high hopes that he will be in underwear by the time baby number 2 comes. Underwear, people, underwear. My little Tink in underwear?? Whoa. At this point I'd like to state that Krazy pokes fun of my life now consisting of great delight at bowel movements and pee-pee's. What can I say? I'm a potty girl at heart. :)
The second subject of this post is to officially type out my newest mission - to stop cursing vile filth while driving with Tink. He is much too smart now to not pay attention to everything that I do and say. My growls of rage emit similar growls from him and I don't want him to find the car stressful or become angry every time we're on our way to Grandma's house. Sigh. It's so hard though - there's so many idiots and bullies that have been given free reign on the road. I'm accepting ideas for different ways to channel my driving aggression and to release the frustration while in the car.
This month has been no less busy than the last but, strangely, I seem to like it that way. I remember when I was pregnant with Tink, I was a social butterfly, arranging get-togethers and hitting the town regularly. It's like this burst of energy that my body puts forth; it knows that I will be hibernating for the next half-year after my new little one is born. This month has seen us trek off to the cottage, a visit from my parents, and a few dates with Dr. Oxford who was in town to show her new beau the capital city. Tomorrow Tink's swimming lessons start and they will be every morning for the next two weeks. I'm really looking forward to them but I am also mourning the fact that this is the last class that I go in the pool with him. He's becoming such a big boy...
...which leads me to the real subject of this post - potty training! Tink is doing so well with the concept and he has far surpassed my expectations of him this summer. I wanted to see if I could get him at least interested in the idea and he has taken it and run with it! He loves to sit on the potty and he loves to say bye-bye to his pee and poop as we flush it down the toilet (sorry if you're reading this while eating). I have high hopes that he will be in underwear by the time baby number 2 comes. Underwear, people, underwear. My little Tink in underwear?? Whoa. At this point I'd like to state that Krazy pokes fun of my life now consisting of great delight at bowel movements and pee-pee's. What can I say? I'm a potty girl at heart. :)
The second subject of this post is to officially type out my newest mission - to stop cursing vile filth while driving with Tink. He is much too smart now to not pay attention to everything that I do and say. My growls of rage emit similar growls from him and I don't want him to find the car stressful or become angry every time we're on our way to Grandma's house. Sigh. It's so hard though - there's so many idiots and bullies that have been given free reign on the road. I'm accepting ideas for different ways to channel my driving aggression and to release the frustration while in the car.


3 Comments:
At 4:15 PM,
Sugarplum said…
Congratulations! That is amazing! What a big boy!
I don't know what to say about driving and not swearing. I don't do it enough to get frustrated by it. Why don't you take the side roads more often like I do on my scooter? The you wouldn't have to worry so much about people driving like idiots.
At 11:23 AM,
Melbine said…
Unfortunately, it's a genetic predisposition and I can be on a country road at home or the 3-lane Queensway...really have to rein it in!
I know - Tink is doing so well. Word on the street is that it's usually harder to convince them to tell you about the pooping and this is his specialty! It's awesome.
At 11:52 AM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
Maybe it's best to teach him young that swears aren't appropriate for mixed company, but are appropriate for certain situations. My mum taught me that when I was eleven and I can generally reign myself in at job interviews, for example.
Post a Comment
<< Home