A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Friday, August 31, 2007

Be Gone, Jinx

Anyone who states that they don't believe in concepts such as karma or destiny should hear me out. Due to my prideful boasting at the playground about Tink's amazing napping skills the last number of months, I was thrown a nap strike that has lasted all week. I apologized to the karmic universe and was rewarded with a baby who is napping, even as I write this. Anyone with a child under the age of 3 will appreciate how important daytime napping is to everyone involved in the household. Tink's brain needs to rejuvenate and apparently it also releases stress (yes, even toddlers experience stress). I need the time to nurture the part of me that needs to feel like an interesting adult with a life of her own. My advice to everyone is to not start a sentence with, "Well, I don't want to jinx things but...". Don't go down that road! Of course you're going to jinx yourself.

Now, you'll have to excuse me, but I have important things to do while Tink naps...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Congrats on getting your nap back. If I have a baby and he's anything like his father I won't have a problem getting him to take naps!

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Blah..the nap isn't 100% back but we're trying. I'm messing around with the routine and the time a bit to try and figure out what's going to work. I think he's not tired enough anymore when I put him down so I've pushed the time back. But it's not foolproof so I'm clinging to the fact that his molars are on the verge of breaking through and it's messing him up. Yes. That's what it is. Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home