A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Disillusions

I have been quite busy the last number of weeks and it's not going to end anytime soon. As I type this, my sister and her family are making the great trip to finally visit Ottawa and see where I live! I am very excited and have been fluttering around tidying and grocery shopping. Then, Krazy's sister and her beau stop in town before they head back to their European life..and then Lady Guinevere is in town with her clan and I am hoping a playdate for Tink will materialize.

So, what have I been up to the last little while? Well, I think that most of my readership is aware of my pregnancy so I may as well say it - I have been exhausted and nauseous the last little while! I have also been travelling, bridesmaiding, birthday partying, spatting with my grandmother (who do you think my confrontational side came from in the first place??), nursing dog-bite wounds (long story), and consoling Tink, who is working furiously on all of his 2 year molars.

I have been meaning to write for the last few days because of a number of situations that have left me quite disillusioned. However, now I can only think of one instance but it's a pretty good one! I had the pleasure of attending the Dancing With the Stars tour a few nights ago with my in-laws. I have not seen this show on television, but I love dancing so I figured I would enjoy the show. The celebrities who were touring were the stuff of boyband legend, such as Joey McIntyre a la NKOTB, Joey Fatone of NSYNC and Drew Lachey of 98 Degrees. I spent a good few years of my pre-adolescence begging to go to a New Kids on the Block concert. I spent way too much of my hard-earned babysitting money on posters, t-shirts, postage stamps for fan letters etc. Now here was my chance to finally see one of them, live, and let me tell you, what a letdown! Of course, a lot has changed over 20 years, but I just felt so disillusioned about my longheld obsession with NKOTB. I guess I was expecting to faint away in a dead swoon as soon as Joey McIntyre stepped onto the stage...but I did nothing of the sort. He was cute, he was funny, he dances not too badly for an amateur...but...sigh. Alas.

Anyway, everything else is going quite well here and I just got a lovely, lovely maternity shirt from Sugarplum via courier!! Thank you! I have just been thinking to myself that I am getting desperate for some clothes that fit properly. I can't wait to wear it!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    I hope it fits! I thought you probably need a nice maternity top that isn't a hand-me-down since this probably won't be your last! I didn't realize how difficult it is to find something nice. I feel sorry for Moms-to-be.

    I want to hear all the long stories about your grandmother and the dog bite. Are you okay?!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    I haven't had a chance to try it on yet but I don't see why it wouldn't fit..

    Haha, yes, Oma Bear and I had it out a little bit and my parents dog snapped and attacked me! He's getting so old and cranky..and I didn't even get into the neighbour's wife going missing! Yes, we'll have to have a longer chat soon since we had to cut it short a few days ago.

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger katrina said…

    congratulations!! (and I'm happy you've updated your blog -- I've been neglecting mine something fierce too - life just gets in the way!)

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Hey Kat - oh yeah - I forgot you read this!! Haha, yes. In the midst of my second pregnancy..not all the girls know yet, but I'm hoping to get in touch with all by the end of the week.

    I know, I just don't seem to have the energy anymore to keep this thing updated. Blah. Oh well, better that it's because your life outside of cyberspace is keeping you busy, right??

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    Melbine, I write this in love and not in judgement, but you being disillusioned with NKOTB in 2007 is like that time you thought Richard Simmons was straight in 1997.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Haha Mistress...I know, I know. But a girl can dream, right?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home