Updates All Around
It turns out that there is an NDP candidate for my riding after all. They only announced this the day before the campaign started last week. Too bad for them because, in the meantime, I've found a candidate that I like a lot and cannot imagine why I won't vote for him.
I have been offered one more contract before Minchky arrives (yes, have I mentioned this nickname that occurred to me, randomly, with no context?) and this will allow me to get my insurable hours in for EI. The only problem has been finding Tink some good, but temporary, daycare. Thankfully we have discovered a newly opened centre that is looking to fill their spots and will take on a child for two months.
There is a public meeting tonight about all of the 'blasted' blasting going on in our neighbourhood. Our city councillor has had enough complaints that she's deemed it important enough to bring together all of the people involved to hash it out. It should be interesting. Yes, I intend to go and see what I can find out. I like to be in the know!!
Our week at home was quite lovely and, well, quiet. It has been quite some time since I have been home and the house isn't full of other siblings. But everyone is back to school now or starting their careers (aka Nelbine) so it was just us and the damn dog that bit me this summer.
Okay, I should go and call this daycare centre because I have been anxiously awaiting their call back all morning and I can't take it anymore!
I have been offered one more contract before Minchky arrives (yes, have I mentioned this nickname that occurred to me, randomly, with no context?) and this will allow me to get my insurable hours in for EI. The only problem has been finding Tink some good, but temporary, daycare. Thankfully we have discovered a newly opened centre that is looking to fill their spots and will take on a child for two months.
There is a public meeting tonight about all of the 'blasted' blasting going on in our neighbourhood. Our city councillor has had enough complaints that she's deemed it important enough to bring together all of the people involved to hash it out. It should be interesting. Yes, I intend to go and see what I can find out. I like to be in the know!!
Our week at home was quite lovely and, well, quiet. It has been quite some time since I have been home and the house isn't full of other siblings. But everyone is back to school now or starting their careers (aka Nelbine) so it was just us and the damn dog that bit me this summer.
Okay, I should go and call this daycare centre because I have been anxiously awaiting their call back all morning and I can't take it anymore!


4 Comments:
At 8:56 AM,
Sugarplum said…
Good luck. I hope he gets in. And I hope you have some resolution with the blasters.
At 11:34 AM,
Melbine said…
Oh, there's no issue of him getting in as the centre's just opened and looking to fill their spots. I want to make sure it's a place I feel good about. The $200/week from EI would be great, but we can make do without it. Gotta make sure my baby's in a safe place!
The meeting was very interesting. There are a lot of frustrated citizens and fair enough. We've been living in a high-intensity blasting/crushing rock zone all summer. Things got pretty heated, no pun intended. :)
At 11:53 AM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
When's the vote on representational voting?
At 3:58 PM,
Melbine said…
You mean the referendum, Mistress? It's on the same ballot as the vote on Oct. 10th. The public meeting was just a community-based meeting organized by our city councillor..
Post a Comment
<< Home