A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Friday, June 15, 2007

Oh Dear

Oh dear, I fear that I am truly slipping away from the blogging world. Don't worry though, I only have one more week of work and then I'm free! I suspect that my posts will pick up the pace again. I can't blame it all on work though; I just haven't felt like doing much lately. A full month of busy weekends and I had decided that my free time was going to be spent doing other things...

I'm embarassed to say that's what brought me back tonight is the urge to rant. As usual, it seems. Like Sugarplum, I am pretty frustrated about all of the energy wasting going on around me! The Blackout of 2003 seems to have faded from people's memories because it's only mid-June and they've already got their air conditioners on 24/7. Today my neighbour had her car turned on for at least 10 minutes before she went out to it so that it would be cool enough. What?? I actually rang her doorbell because I thought maybe her toddler daughter had gotten a hold of the automatic starter and she didn't even know it was on. She sheepishly gave me a few reasons as to why it was on, such as her daughter's car seat gets too hot and you know, it's just SO hot out today (at least she recognizes that it's pretty outlandish). She was amazed that I had the windows open today. But it was such a nice, hot, NON-HUMID day! Yes I was letting some heat in, but also nice fresh air and I had the ceiling fans on and I did not feel too hot once. I'm not completely innocent - I had the A/C on in the car today and we did turn on our air conditioning once the thermostat hit 27 degrees. This was not done until after 6 p.m. to conserve some energy.

I could go on and on but I will spare you the pain. Instead, I will relate this funny story. Today Tink and I were out getting some prescriptions and these two little girls came up to us. The younger asked if Tink was about 2, and I said, no, not yet. She asked if she could touch him, and after I said of course, she then asked if he was real!! Snort! I thought I was going to bust my gut - isn't that the funniest thing to ask? Tink was giving them big smiles (my favourite of his, they're really soft and quiet smiles, know what I mean?) and their mother, who had previously been annoyed with them, got all smiley and happy with them again too. Now it could just be because I'm in the prime of my biological clock ticking, but aren't kids just the cutest? Thank goodness they're around; someone's got to blow off the steam coming out of us adults.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    What this little girl meant was that Tink is just too cute to be! It is a natural curiosity that such a cute little boy could possibly exist - he can't be real!

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    With those curls. Honestly. Kids are cute - thank god. Cuter every year, it seems. Thank god for social coverage.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Aw, thanks guys! I like to think so too. :) You're right Mistress, thank goodness they're cute! There's nothing else in the world that you'd work so hard at without getting paid for your efforts!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home