Oh The Adventures
Hi everyone - it has been too long again. The last two weeks have been very busy with wedding-related activities. Sugarplum's bachelorette party a week and a half ago was great fun! I would recommend that you bring along a candy bra for the bride-to-be next time you're invited to one. Nelbine and Mr. Roboto's stag and doe this past weekend was also great fun. We're hoping to have made lots of money for them..the turnout was fabulous and the County folk always spend lots on booze at these things.
One of the main things that has been keeping me busy for the last week has been Tink getting sick. Really sick. He was finally diagnosed with roseola on Monday. He's had little colds and last fall he had a 24-hour bug, but this has been fever and diarrhea and general misery. I won't go into the details, but after a botched throat swab and a looong car trip home, we made it to my parents safe and sound. And Tink made strange immediately. It was interesting to watch, but I mostly felt really bad for my family. It's hard not to take it personally when someone is screaming in terror because you're trying to smile and say hello to them. He's gotten much better over the last 24 hours and the rash is almost gone today.
A week from now and I'll be trying to get the house in order for our guests on Thursday! Sugarplum's wedding countdown is really on now - I can't wait for the big day! And then a mere few weeks later, one of my baby siblings walks down the aisle. It's a bit surreal to watch someone get married that you can picture vividly as a baby. Now I know what it really feels like to be getting older.
I'm going to go now and read over some of the family history that one of my great-aunt's gave me last night. Nelbine and I were there for 3 hours while she talked and talked...it was fabulous. Tiring, but fabulous.
Go Sens Go! (that's to try and cheer Krazy up, who tried in vain to get some playoff tickets this morning)
One of the main things that has been keeping me busy for the last week has been Tink getting sick. Really sick. He was finally diagnosed with roseola on Monday. He's had little colds and last fall he had a 24-hour bug, but this has been fever and diarrhea and general misery. I won't go into the details, but after a botched throat swab and a looong car trip home, we made it to my parents safe and sound. And Tink made strange immediately. It was interesting to watch, but I mostly felt really bad for my family. It's hard not to take it personally when someone is screaming in terror because you're trying to smile and say hello to them. He's gotten much better over the last 24 hours and the rash is almost gone today.
A week from now and I'll be trying to get the house in order for our guests on Thursday! Sugarplum's wedding countdown is really on now - I can't wait for the big day! And then a mere few weeks later, one of my baby siblings walks down the aisle. It's a bit surreal to watch someone get married that you can picture vividly as a baby. Now I know what it really feels like to be getting older.
I'm going to go now and read over some of the family history that one of my great-aunt's gave me last night. Nelbine and I were there for 3 hours while she talked and talked...it was fabulous. Tiring, but fabulous.
Go Sens Go! (that's to try and cheer Krazy up, who tried in vain to get some playoff tickets this morning)


3 Comments:
At 12:53 AM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
All these weddings. It's enough to make you want to get into flower arranging.
At 8:56 AM,
Sugarplum said…
You can try your hand at it for my wedding, Mistress, if you are interested.
I'm glad to hear that Tink is feeling better. I felt bad for K for being in Leafland when the Sens made it to the playoffs! Sparks Street was buzzing with activity (not that I noticed).
At 10:35 AM,
Melbine said…
Yes, weddings, weddings! I'm becoming a bit of an expert, if I do say so. :)
Krazy is doing not too badly here, lots of people aren't insane Leafs fans so they're pretty happy there's still a Canadian team in the running. K wouldn't be so generous if it was the other way around...
I'm glad Tink is better too - sick babies are no fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home