A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Changing Links

Ever since I have had this blog, I have had the Ottawa Humane Society posted as a link for people to check out. However, in light of some new information that I received from a friend, I am replacing it with "Reform the OHS". You should check out this website. I am still extremely supportive of a shelter that provides good homes to many unfortunate animals. But I cannot support the high amount of killing that goes on there for no reason. Or, the reasons that they have anyway. I think it is time for them to start campaigning for a move to a much bigger facility so that they can accomodate the sheer multitude of animals that go through their door.

Changing the topic, last night Krazy and I watched The Island, with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johannson. Perhaps you heard enough negative reviews about the movie to avoid it. That would be a mistake! I may be biased because I have yet to find an Ewan McGregor movie that I detested, but the plot was thoroughly thought-provoking and the cinematography was quite lovely. Ewan and Scarlett are clones who discover that they exist purely to one day ensure that their human 'sponsor' survives a car accident or a terminal illness. People can even have a clone made to have a baby for them so that they don't have to 'go to the trouble'. Yeah, there's some pure Hollywood cheese thrown in, and the ending was a little to be desired..but really, I would recommend it. The supporting cast is superb - Steve Buscemi, Djimon Hounsou, and Sean Bean...awesome!

Gotta go...enjoy your day!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home