I Should Know Better By Now
Here are some of the things I've had to re-learn about myself in the last few days:
1. I cannot gorge out on food within hours of a big car trip. This will lead to lots of hurling and a general sense of wanting to crawl into a hole and dying.
2. I cannot gorge out on Easter chocolate and boiled eggs. This will lead to lots of hurling and a general sense of wanting to crawl into a hole and dying.
(okay, no hurling so far but I might as well be)
3. I hate groundhogs, even if my son temporarily convinces me that they're cute. They ruin my lawn with their digging and pooping.
4. I am addicted to television. 40 days away from it will never fully cure me of that.
5. I have a puerile sense of humour and once my son gets older, I will not still be able to fart and burp with him so that we can giggle wildly together. Scratch that. It stays.
1. I cannot gorge out on food within hours of a big car trip. This will lead to lots of hurling and a general sense of wanting to crawl into a hole and dying.
2. I cannot gorge out on Easter chocolate and boiled eggs. This will lead to lots of hurling and a general sense of wanting to crawl into a hole and dying.
(okay, no hurling so far but I might as well be)
3. I hate groundhogs, even if my son temporarily convinces me that they're cute. They ruin my lawn with their digging and pooping.
4. I am addicted to television. 40 days away from it will never fully cure me of that.
5. I have a puerile sense of humour and once my son gets older, I will not still be able to fart and burp with him so that we can giggle wildly together. Scratch that. It stays.


3 Comments:
At 1:22 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
Tell it! My nephew - the new one - had his first Christmas this year and Luke Duke took the family to a local church for some carol singing. Right after 'Silent Night,' he loudly and contentedly released an atomic pantsload. I can't think about that, even now, without laughing.
At 8:51 AM,
Sugarplum said…
So there was almost puking even after you got home? Oh, Melbine. I'm sorry to hear about that.
At 6:35 PM,
Melbine said…
Oh my gawd, I can't think about that without laughing. That's priceless, Mistress.
Yes Sugarplum, it's been a slow recovery. I think all of the Easter chocolate is dehydrating me. How gross is that??
Post a Comment
<< Home