A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

There Really ARE Results in 3 Days!

I bought a tooth-whitening kit a while ago and have just started to use them. This is my third day and after I removed the gunky strips from my mouth, my teeth seemed much whiter than half an hour ago. Why is this, I wonder? Why did the first two days not seem to do much and then all of a sudden, on the third day, a miracle occurs? I'm often wary of 'new' products and technologies. I like to see some solid evidence that something is not going to adversely affect me before I use it. Krazy, on the other hand, likes to jump right in and take what the new product has to offer. For example, he had corrective laser eye surgery done well before it was commonplace. He first used the tooth-whitening home kit four years ago - when I was still very suspicious of it. I still am a bit suspicious, but I have noticed my teeth getting more and more yellow. The catalyst for me was seeing a close-up self-portrait that I took of Spencer and I. Some of my teeth were very clearly yellow and it just didn't look nice. So here I am - 3 days into my kit and, minus a little tooth sensitivity, happy with the results!

Spring is officially here and Tink and I celebrated by going for a big, long walk this morning. We were bundled up good because it was -10 degrees, but the sunshine felt nice and Tink likes to watch the housing unit go up a few blocks away from us. He raises his eyebrows and looks at me in wonder. Maybe he'll be an architect one day! Another reason we went out for a big walk is that I suspect a little bit of his nap strike last week (don't remind me, 4 days with no nap!! Thank goodness he's napping as I write this and not playing loudly in the crib) was due to just not being tired enough. When he's at the sitter's his days are full of yelling and running around and fresh air. I need to step it up and keep things equally stimulating now that he's getting older.

Which reminds me, can anyone think of a good place to buy a sandbox?

4 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    I've been considering the whitening myself. I think it is all their commercials convincing us that our teeth could be whiter. Damn commercials!

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Damn commercials! I don't understand why my teeth are yellow because they're not subjected to the 'traditional' enemies such as caffeine or cigarettes. Hmm..does sugar leave its mark??

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    I think it's age. If someone from a century ago walked up took a look at us they'd wonder why all the old people had such freakishly white teeth. Modern dentistry has uped the ante from just having teeth not fall out to no cavities to straight teeth to white teeth. Look how far we've come.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    I want rainbow teeth, but in the meantime I'll settle for coffee-stained.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home