A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Untitled

Does anyone have any good suggestion as to how I can keep my son from obsessively removing air vents from the floor? Today he discovered the consequence of proceeding to step down into the vent. It was not a pretty sight. I was right beside him and yelling out "Noooooooo", even as he stepped down onto the steel and had a chunk of skin removed from his ankle. You know when something is happening quickly, yet slowly enough that your brain replays it like some kind of slow-motion scene from a dramatic movie?..

Some of you might judge me as an imcompetent mother but I can tell you right now - you have no idea how fast these little creatures can move. He had the vent off and was heading down the pipe before I could even grab him to prevent it. I know that he's going to continue doing this so what I need to do now is figure out a way to stop it. Maybe glue the vent down? We have put a chair over it in the past but he can move chairs around now with his pinky finger. Sigh.

Thank goodness it's getting nicer outside; we need to get outdoors and give the house some peace and quiet.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    No one thinks you're a bad mother. There is no way to prevent toddlers from getting hurt. My sister said that ironically it is usually when the child is right in front of you that the worst of it happens - not when he's supposed to be sleeping or you've turned away to grab something from the kitchen.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    You would think that would be a huge deterrent, but he still doesn't seem to make the connection! Although, he doesn't try to walk across it anymore at least...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home