Keep the Glass a Little Full
So many fun things to tell you about..the most new and exciting one is that my dress for Sugarplum's wedding arrived approximately 20 minutes ago at my doorstep! Minus the fact that the doorbell upset Tink (he must have just been on the verge of sleep), I'm very pleased with the transaction. I didn't have to pay any duty on it, so my estimate was almost $45 over what I ended up paying. I was pretty nervous about getting my dress via the Internet, but it worked out well in the end. I'm happy with the size I went with (even though it will need some adjustment) and it's just so gorgeous that I'm wearing it as I type. :)

The other fun thing I wanted to tell you was that Tink and the Rideau Canal finally met for the first time yesterday and it was love at first sight! It was way too cold to do much besides get some token pictures, but I'm hoping we'll get on there again at some point before the end of the season.
Finally, last night I learned that my strange ritual of leaving a bit of liquid in the bottom of my glass or bottle may be an obsessive compulsive thing. Ms. D & Mr. C were over for some Superbowl action and at the end of the night I had to dump out the last of my beer out of my beer bottle. Krazy mentioned the little girl from the movie Signs always did that too and that it was because she had OCD. However, I've been thinking about it and I think it's more the case that I like to have some around later if I want some. Or, maybe a holdover from the days when there wasn't much moula so I treasured my precious drinks from the fridge. I don't know. Or, maybe I'm so much of an optimist that I like to leave something in the glass at all times. :)
AND, speaking of the Superbowl - what did you all think of the half-time performance by Prince? Dude freaked me out a little bit with the black hankerchief on his head...and for some reason the whole middle part of his medley was non-Prince songs! He has such a rich and varied repertoire, I was disappointed that we only heard Let's Go Crazy and Purple Rain. My final complaint was that there wasn't near enough camera time on his guitar playing. All in all? To me this was just another case in point that since he turned Jehovah's Witness his funk has been dulled. I guess the Superbowl half-time show's funk has been dulled recently too. Damn nipplegate.
The other fun thing I wanted to tell you was that Tink and the Rideau Canal finally met for the first time yesterday and it was love at first sight! It was way too cold to do much besides get some token pictures, but I'm hoping we'll get on there again at some point before the end of the season.
Finally, last night I learned that my strange ritual of leaving a bit of liquid in the bottom of my glass or bottle may be an obsessive compulsive thing. Ms. D & Mr. C were over for some Superbowl action and at the end of the night I had to dump out the last of my beer out of my beer bottle. Krazy mentioned the little girl from the movie Signs always did that too and that it was because she had OCD. However, I've been thinking about it and I think it's more the case that I like to have some around later if I want some. Or, maybe a holdover from the days when there wasn't much moula so I treasured my precious drinks from the fridge. I don't know. Or, maybe I'm so much of an optimist that I like to leave something in the glass at all times. :)
AND, speaking of the Superbowl - what did you all think of the half-time performance by Prince? Dude freaked me out a little bit with the black hankerchief on his head...and for some reason the whole middle part of his medley was non-Prince songs! He has such a rich and varied repertoire, I was disappointed that we only heard Let's Go Crazy and Purple Rain. My final complaint was that there wasn't near enough camera time on his guitar playing. All in all? To me this was just another case in point that since he turned Jehovah's Witness his funk has been dulled. I guess the Superbowl half-time show's funk has been dulled recently too. Damn nipplegate.


7 Comments:
At 9:03 PM,
Melbine said…
I'm not sure how Prince was raised religiously, if he was even raised with a certain religion. The Jehovah's Witness thing is about 5 years old now. The medley totally sucked and was really weird, like some CCCR, Jimi Hendrix, and then the Foo Fighters??
At 9:04 PM,
Melbine said…
Oops, CCR..
At 9:49 AM,
cali said…
I didn't see the halftime show! I kept tuning in but it felt like halftime was NEVER coming!
I know a lot of people who don't drink the last little bit of beer from the bottle. I don't drink that much beer, but I hear it's the grossest part.
At 10:14 AM,
Sugarplum said…
Yeah, in High School there were those who always left that bit in the end of the beer. In homemade beer the bottom is gross because it is thick and has a syroppy yeast melange. That is why you always drink homemade beer out of a glass to keep from accidentally drinking the gross bit at the bottom. Commercially made beer doesn't usually have that but it often doesn't taste nice at the bottom and is often warm. Good enough reason to save it for the gods.
Prince did a lovely bit there with his purple guitar and the curtain blowing and the light casting his shadow on the curtain. It loooked like he had a giant hook-shaped cock. I thought it was his way of getting past the ultra conservatives who were keeping him from singing his best songs which are really very dirty and sneaking in some adult content for the Prince fans. I didn't know he had turned conservative. I just don't get it. He is such a talented person and that performance really was a let down.
But Peyton won and I'm glad. He really deserved to win.
At 12:32 PM,
Melbine said…
It's true Artemis and Sugarplum, lots of people would agree with me on the end of the beer bottle business...but apparently people don't also do that with water, milk, juice, pop etc.?
It cracked me up when they had the big billowing sheet so that we could all watch Prince make fun of the American censors..but at the same time, that would have been the best place to see his awesome guitar riffing! Sigh. I always enjoy watching Prince perform but maybe it's best to just go and see him in concert where the whole thing is just about him and not a football game?
I don't know anything about Peyton Manning except that he looked pissed off most of the time. Even when it was clear his team was going to win! What was his problem?? Lots of pressure I guess.
At 1:56 PM,
Sugarplum said…
That's his thinking face.
At 11:11 AM,
Sugarplum said…
I forgot to mention that I am glad to hear that you got your dress and that you like it. This means one less trip to the seamstress' house.
Post a Comment
<< Home