1 Hour and 43 Minutes
Sunday nights are set aside for Mama Bear and I to have our weekly call. I'm wondering if we should start breaking up the week with a call because the calls used to hover around an hour. Now they're heading into two hours with no signs of slowing down!
Krazy always asks what we talk about after I hang up and I sort of blankly say 'I don't know'. Because I don't. I honestly couldn't really tell you in much detail. A lot of it is trivial and a good part of the time we repeat old conversations because we like to reiterate things like how much of a hussy my uncle's new wife is or how important it is to make sure you don't raise your kids to be brats. You know, important stuff.
The best part of last night was the story that Mama Bear told me about how this supply teacher brought a stuffed wolf to class (don't ask) and they decided to play a joke on the teacher who was away. This involved a camera and a stuffed monkey (please, don't ask) and lots of creativity on Mama Bear's part. I love my Mama Bear. The older I get the more I see how much she shaped who I am, warped sense of humour and all.
Cheers to Mama Bears in all their glory.
Krazy always asks what we talk about after I hang up and I sort of blankly say 'I don't know'. Because I don't. I honestly couldn't really tell you in much detail. A lot of it is trivial and a good part of the time we repeat old conversations because we like to reiterate things like how much of a hussy my uncle's new wife is or how important it is to make sure you don't raise your kids to be brats. You know, important stuff.
The best part of last night was the story that Mama Bear told me about how this supply teacher brought a stuffed wolf to class (don't ask) and they decided to play a joke on the teacher who was away. This involved a camera and a stuffed monkey (please, don't ask) and lots of creativity on Mama Bear's part. I love my Mama Bear. The older I get the more I see how much she shaped who I am, warped sense of humour and all.
Cheers to Mama Bears in all their glory.


2 Comments:
At 2:18 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
I've been noticing I chat more and more with my dad, too, after a life of chatting and chatting unabated with my mum. I guess I'm slowly turning into them or something.
At 5:40 PM,
Melbine said…
Yeah, my Dad's randomly been more chatty these days too. Maybe we are finally starting to have more in common with our fathers? I don't know, it's still tough to get more than 20 minutes out of my father...
Post a Comment
<< Home