Back to Work
Finally able to write a post! I was having all kinds of connection problems yesterday, which is fine because I had other fish to fry. We met with the lovely woman and her family in our neighbourhood who can watch Tink for 2 days a week. The paperwork for my casual term has begun to be processed and so it looks like I am going to give the part-time work a try! I still have all of next week to get accustomed to the idea. It's never ideal in my mind to start a new job in mid-February because who really wants to leave their cozy, warm house? But I haven't had to go out into the cold for over a year now so it's back to reality...
It's truly going to feel like I'm starting a completely new job when I go back. The office moved from downtown to a field in Gatineau so I'm not going back to the same building. It means I have to drive because the public transportation will just double my commute time. Everyone else has had over a year to adjust to this big change; now it's time for my adjustment. I went on maternity leave a week before everyone moved and laughed at them all - assuming I'd never have to deal with it. Here I am, getting ready to deal with it! Ah well.
Better go and get my day truly started - diaper change and get everyone out of their pyjamas. Gee, I think I'm going to miss being in my pyjamas until 9 a.m.!
It's truly going to feel like I'm starting a completely new job when I go back. The office moved from downtown to a field in Gatineau so I'm not going back to the same building. It means I have to drive because the public transportation will just double my commute time. Everyone else has had over a year to adjust to this big change; now it's time for my adjustment. I went on maternity leave a week before everyone moved and laughed at them all - assuming I'd never have to deal with it. Here I am, getting ready to deal with it! Ah well.
Better go and get my day truly started - diaper change and get everyone out of their pyjamas. Gee, I think I'm going to miss being in my pyjamas until 9 a.m.!


4 Comments:
At 9:23 AM,
Sugarplum said…
Until 9 am? I usually shower at 11 am. I call it my mid-morning break.
I was starting to worry about you. I was hoping you were just really busy figuring things out. I'm so glad you found someone nice in your neigbourhood to take care of your little charmer. And that sucks about the OC Transpo not being efficient enough for you to take the bus. That means it's Krazy's turn or are you going to drop him off on your way into work?
At 9:38 AM,
cali said…
Wow - congrats on your decision! That's a big deal.
At 10:03 AM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
Yeah, it is - congratulations and the cold isn't that bad. How are you arranging with the car? Any possibility of car pooling?
At 11:13 AM,
Melbine said…
Yeah, just busy getting things sorted out and then blogger was being a dick yesterday! There's actually a guy down the street that can take Krazy to work, or else the bus. I'm hoping to make some car pooling connections once I'm there! Wish me luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home