A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Decisions Decisions

Sometimes things fall out of the sky when you least expect them. Like the job offer I just got from my old workplace...it's with a section I haven't worked with but the work seems interesting and it would be a casual term which means I wouldn't have an employment agency skimming off the top of my pay. I would get to set the time and how much time I would work per week and I might even be able to do some of it from home. It would be for February and March, with the possibility of more work if there's room for it in the 2007 budget, or if I wanted it. So...all in all it sounds pretty damn sweet.

So why is my heart pounding uncomfortably? I guess because it would mean starting as soon as possible and the main reason is leaving Tink of course. I need to speak with Sweet One and Whistler to see if they would be able to help us look after him. If we can't get anyone to look after Tink then it's not even a consideration. I'm kind of hoping that it won't work out, even though the money would be really helpful.

Sigh. This is a really big decision and I'm feeling really rushed. But the section manager is super nice and she thanked me a number of times for considering it. I don't feel any pressure to take it and I wouldn't feel badly in the future saying it wasn't working out, so what's the problem?

I know what the problem is - I would miss my baby. :( People do it all the time though, I'm sure I would be fine. Sniff sniff. I'll keep you updated.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    I'm a big fan of trying things and then quitting if they suck too much . . .

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Oh me too! And Ms. S was really sweet about saying no pressure if it doesn't work out which makes the trying it out a lot easier. I'm still really waffling back and forth but I think it will be a good thing in the end. It's not going to be damaging in any case?!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Oh dear, I really don't need to hear that life is damaging right now. :) The main problem at this point is trying to find a child care situation for Tink with the time allotment we've been given. We shall see what happens..

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    We talked about this last night but in the clear light of the morning ...

    I think it's great for kids to spend time with different people in the formative years of their lives. If you are able to find a way for him to be with family or a close friend one day a week and then something more formal with other kids for another day a week the lessons he will learn will be invaluable, I'm sure. That is if you can handle being away from him for that long and if you are able to find such a situation. You need to tap into the community of mothers in Kanata and see what is available to you.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yeah, I just got the number of my neighbour's caregiver, who I've heard her rave about for the last half a year so I feel good about it. I just have to call her and see if she can do it! As long as Tink is spending his days with loving people and peers, I don't think it matters whether it's me or someone else cutting up his toast. Although I'd prefer it to be me. :)

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Different people can teach different things. It is great to give him a range of experiences. Square and triangular pieces of toast if you wish.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home