A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Shallow, But True!

I must preface this post with the disappointing news that I seem to be going through a horribly shallow phase right now. It comes and goes - yesterday I stopped myself from critiquing the Golden Globe Awards. It seemed shallow in light of my friend's email from Zambia, where she is currently helping Africans deal with the AIDS crisis. I determined that I wasn't going to post anything unless it was going to be not shallow.

But today I realized that that's what this blog is for me though, somewhere to release shallow, sometimes snarky, comments about the world I live in. And I'm okay with that...I think. I know who I am and it's certainly not ALL shallowness inside...

...which is a great segue into what I'd like to point out today. I was looking at a picture of Mira Sorvino with her cute infant son (I forget why I was looking at this picture) when I noticed that her son and my son have the exact same booties! Which got me to thinking - Mira and I have appear to have more in common than just looks (you may remember that I was a 75% match to Ms. Sorvino using myheritage.com). First off, our names are fairly similar..I'm not going to give anything away, but anyone who knows my real first and maiden name might agree. We got married three weeks apart and we had babies almost one year to the day apart.

Now, there are a few key differences, such as she being 39, Italian and 5'10". Another difference is that she married a man 14 years younger than her, and oh yeah, she's a beautiful, Oscar-winning actress! However, out of all the idiotic actresses out there, I feel like her and I would be able to converse easily and find that we are very similar in our outlook. Unless we were talking in Mandarin, which she is fluent in...then our conversation might not flow so well. But hey, our babies have the same Robeez booties!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    Mira Sorvino is a great actress to have kinship with. She's so under-rated.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    I agree with you. I was just being silly yesterday, but not about thinking that conversations with her would be great!

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you know that A Patch of Blue is a movie from 1965 starring Shelley Winters? It was on tv a few nights ago, but I didn't get a chance to watch it.
    JS

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger cali said…

    She's fluent in Mandarin? Really? Seriously?

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    No JS, I didn't know that. Do you know what it was about?

    Yes, Mira Sorvino did graduate work in China or something. She's pretty damn smart!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home