It's All About C Minor
Last night was another lovely evening at the NAC, my second in the concert series that Krazy got me tickets for. Garrick Ohlsson delighted everyone with his prowess, and introduced me to a Liebermann nocturne that I didn't know of. I don't care too much for 20th century born composers, but maybe I will pay some more attention. Ohlsson played Beethoven's "Pathetique" in C Minor, as well as Chopin's Nocturne in C Minor...2 of my favourite piano works ever! He finished the night off with a Prokofiev sonata and then 2 encore pieces that were even more amazing than what he was scheduled to play! I got to catch up with Ms. A, whom I haven't seen in months, and during the intermission we ran into the oh so sexy Professor Hernandez and the mother of Ms. P's ex and that was quite lovely. All in all, as usual, the NAC was good for the soul.
There is still no blasting and I am suspecting that they got behind schedule. I wonder if I should contact the company or should I just leave it and assume I'll KNOW when they start?
I am quickly becoming addicted to Facebook. It's not like I have room for another website addiction, but it's another way to express myself and stay in touch. I feel soo old for it though, the average age of the Facebook user has got to be a decade younger than me! I'm the only one that doesn't have their birth year included with their birth date. I don't want anyone wondering why there's a creepy 29-year-old on the site! Krazy initially told me I'm too old for it, but I was encouraged by Baby Girl to join so I did. Hey, I got invited to join, I didn't initiate anything!
There is still no blasting and I am suspecting that they got behind schedule. I wonder if I should contact the company or should I just leave it and assume I'll KNOW when they start?
I am quickly becoming addicted to Facebook. It's not like I have room for another website addiction, but it's another way to express myself and stay in touch. I feel soo old for it though, the average age of the Facebook user has got to be a decade younger than me! I'm the only one that doesn't have their birth year included with their birth date. I don't want anyone wondering why there's a creepy 29-year-old on the site! Krazy initially told me I'm too old for it, but I was encouraged by Baby Girl to join so I did. Hey, I got invited to join, I didn't initiate anything!


7 Comments:
At 2:28 PM,
Sugarplum said…
What is this new fangled gadget, Facebook? I am puzzled by the youngsters' use of technology.
At 7:00 PM,
Melbine said…
Ha-ha! My friend that invited me to join and I had this discussion, it's essentially like a message board/yearbook. It started out being available only if you were a student of some sort. Now any idjit can join..like me!
At 7:01 PM,
Melbine said…
All my siblings have it and a handful of my younger cousins, which makes it fun for me because I'll have people to communicate with...
At 7:17 AM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
So much stuff to do . . . I'm waiting for the next social networking wave, having just given MySpace a miss and having almost no younger cousins.
At 8:33 AM,
Melbine said…
Yeah, MySpace seems ridiculously similar to blogspot - you can do a bit more with it I think. But more work then maybe? I'm sure something will come along soon!
At 10:14 AM,
cali said…
Hey I'm on facebook! You should add me! Or email me your last name to calisaurus@hotmail.com and i'll add you!
ps. I am a total internet geek and prefer myspace to facebook. Facebook broadcasts every little change you make... to everyone!
At 11:33 AM,
Melbine said…
Hey Artemis - I've added you as a friend! I really hate the broadcast of every move you make on that page. Why do they think people care that you've added a movie to your movie list??
Post a Comment
<< Home