Robbed, but at Least my Soul is Saved
I was robbed of my chance to see the new film adaptation of Margaret Atwood's Robber Bride. It was debuting on CBC last night and I simply forgot about it. I was very excited to watch it, I'm pretty mad at myself. Ah well, in this day and age, I am quite certain I will get to see it. Knowing the CBC, they will air it frequently in the future...
...I had a lovely weekend with the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure. Tink's swimming lesson on Saturday was lots of fun and heading out to see Sugarplum's wedding venue with her mother and cousin was even more fun! A little detour through Wakefield was the highlight of the trip - what a pretty town! I've only ever seen it briefly while on that dorky train ride from downtown Ottawa to there. I came home to the smell of manicotti in the air as Krazy surprised me with a lovely supper.
Sunday morning, for the first time in a long time, I remembered my promise to attend church and we bundled off to St. Isidore. It was an hour long and even though Tink behaved well, there was only one other baby there. It made me uncomfortable and next time we go, I'd like to try the other church in town that's apparently more family friendly. After a morning playdate with the neighbour's daughter, we capped off the weekend by bringing the manicotti leftovers to the in-laws for a lovely Sunday dinner.
I keep expecting a huge blast to rock the house but so far, nothing yet. I'm hoping this will mean that it will be restricted to one blast a day, maybe at the end of the workday?
...I had a lovely weekend with the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure. Tink's swimming lesson on Saturday was lots of fun and heading out to see Sugarplum's wedding venue with her mother and cousin was even more fun! A little detour through Wakefield was the highlight of the trip - what a pretty town! I've only ever seen it briefly while on that dorky train ride from downtown Ottawa to there. I came home to the smell of manicotti in the air as Krazy surprised me with a lovely supper.
Sunday morning, for the first time in a long time, I remembered my promise to attend church and we bundled off to St. Isidore. It was an hour long and even though Tink behaved well, there was only one other baby there. It made me uncomfortable and next time we go, I'd like to try the other church in town that's apparently more family friendly. After a morning playdate with the neighbour's daughter, we capped off the weekend by bringing the manicotti leftovers to the in-laws for a lovely Sunday dinner.
I keep expecting a huge blast to rock the house but so far, nothing yet. I'm hoping this will mean that it will be restricted to one blast a day, maybe at the end of the workday?


4 Comments:
At 2:16 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
I heard very bad things about the Robber Bride adaptation. But I understand needing to see it. I need to see Perfume and I'm sure it will suck.
At 5:22 PM,
Sugarplum said…
I saw the movie last night and I enjoyed it. I think because I had read the book so long ago that I enjoyed remembering that book. It made me want to read the book again because it didn't fit with my memories. I read it in High School and I wonder if it was just a poor adaptation or what. Anyways, I was glad there were commercial breaks so I could leave the room and let my mind wander. In some ways that makes it a good movie - it inspired a lot of memories of reading the book - but on the other hand if it were truly a good movie I wouldn't have wanted the pauses.
At 6:55 PM,
Melbine said…
Sugarplum is back!! Yay!! I was going to call you today, but I restrained myself and will do so tomorrow. :) I loved that book but am short on the details so maybe I'll just read the book again and enjoy it that way.
So the movie didn't get a good review then, Mistress? I normally enjoy the actresses that played the leads so I thought it would be neat to see them all act together.
At 1:44 PM,
Sugarplum said…
Up and running.
I'd reread the book. There was a lot missing in the movie. It was very male-centred whereas the book was rich in female-type passages that read like girl-talk. I didn't even remember it being a murder-mystery with a male cop as the central character. But, like I said, I read it in High School. The book gave a real sense of community and friendship and that is what stayed with me when I thought back to it. Instead, the girls seemed untrustworthy and suspicious in the movie. A completely different experience.
Post a Comment
<< Home