She's A Lady
You know that scene from Pretty Woman - when Julia Roberts goes back to the store that snubbed her when she was in her hooker gear and shows them how much money she blew at the other store that didn't treat her like hooker trash? I totally wanted to re-enact that scene after getting the big snub at one store in Bayshore this morning. The jerk was behind the counter, it's 9:10 a.m. and I come into the store looking to spend a handsome amount of cash on some winter boots. He doesn't even look at me. Strike one. I slowly make my way to the back of the store with 2 pairs of boots and he still doesn't acknowledge me. Strike two. I finally directly ask him a question ("Would you say these heels are less than 2 inches?") and when I offer an opportunity for him to help me find some ("Oh, because I'm looking for boots with small heels"), he basically turned away. Strike three. I loudly announced to Tink that we were going to another store where they will be "NICER". I proceeded to head down a few stores and bought new boots AND a new purse. The new purse was mostly out of gratitude that the girl was just so damn attentive and nice! "Take that jerk-behind-the-counter at a pathetic retail shoe store. Yes, your life may suck, but don't take it out on me!"
Anyway, I also bought a beautiful new winter dress coat that fits me to a T and has a gorgeous hood with black faux-fur trim. The best part of all? The saleslady told me many women came and bought it when it was selling for $385. My price after tax? A mere $182.40 ladies and gents. That's right! Funny how we used to be embarassed to discuss making purchases on sale but now it's a matter of pride! Thank you Mama Bear for the Christmas money (this splurge didn't just come out of nowhere)!
Tink charmed everyone while we were out, it's cute when people are surprised at his reaction to them! They report back to me, "He smiled back!" after saying hello to him. Do they think that I don't know by now how friendly my little Tink is? It's going to be a real shock whenever baby number two comes along and isn't as social. I guess he or she could be, but according to my mother (the expert), no two babies are alike. Therefore, I should expect a different personality, right?
Anyway, I also bought a beautiful new winter dress coat that fits me to a T and has a gorgeous hood with black faux-fur trim. The best part of all? The saleslady told me many women came and bought it when it was selling for $385. My price after tax? A mere $182.40 ladies and gents. That's right! Funny how we used to be embarassed to discuss making purchases on sale but now it's a matter of pride! Thank you Mama Bear for the Christmas money (this splurge didn't just come out of nowhere)!
Tink charmed everyone while we were out, it's cute when people are surprised at his reaction to them! They report back to me, "He smiled back!" after saying hello to him. Do they think that I don't know by now how friendly my little Tink is? It's going to be a real shock whenever baby number two comes along and isn't as social. I guess he or she could be, but according to my mother (the expert), no two babies are alike. Therefore, I should expect a different personality, right?


2 Comments:
At 3:15 PM,
Dread Pirate Jessica said…
I'm sure any baby that comes out of you will be splendid one way or the other.
At 10:08 PM,
Melbine said…
Aww, that's the nicest compliment I've received in a while! Thank you. Let's sure hope so, eh?! For everyone's sake..
Post a Comment
<< Home