A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Found It!

I was finally able to find that poem that I based the title and theme of my blog on (see my first post ever for details)! Turns out it's called 'A Patch of Blue' and not 'Clouds of Blue'. So I've changed my blog title, and thrown in the last little bit of the poem. I still like it, which amazes me because sometimes when I look back at things that I loved 10-15 years ago (AKA New Kids on the Block), I wonder what I was thinking. But this is good - considering it was written by a teenager. Here's the whole poem:

A Patch of Blue in cloudy life is often hard to see;
A Shooting star in sorrow's night can take eternity.
We walk a tunnel - never near that warm and welcome light;
And often heed, but seldom hear, those words that make all right.

Our silent plea for happiness
falls ever on deaf ears;
Our search for love and joy and peace
can rob us of our years.

But if we share our sadness,
And hopes and feelings too;
Amid the frequent rain of tears
We'll find out patch of blue.

- Eleisha John

3 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    Wow! That is one depressed, literate, eventually optimistic teenager who wrote that!

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Ha-ha, yeah..no wonder I liked it myself at the time. I was a depressed, literate, eventually optimistic teenager myself. :)

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Congrats for finding it. It has lovely rhythm.

    I always wondered what you meant by Clouds of Blue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home