A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Hasta La Vista 2006

I wasn't going to write anything today since we are still trying to get unpacked and all three of us are fighting illness. But I realized that this is the very last day of 2006 and it deserved a bit of recognition and a bit of wandering down memory lane. For the most part it has been a really great year with lots of friends getting married or engaged or getting pregnant/giving birth. I was very sad to lose my maternal grandmother but I do believe she is very happily reunited with my grandfather and all of her other loved ones. The best part of this year has been watching Tink grow. He started the year off as a wee two month old who couldn't do anything for himself, and now he is a strapping 14 month old full of energy and excitement about all the new things he can do.

2007 promises to bring even more weddings, probably some engagements and hopefully some pregnancies! I look forward to creating many more memories with Tink and Krazy and all my loved ones.

Have a Happy New Year's Eve tonight everyone! We're laying low and will probably be asleep when the ball drops...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Happy New Year, Melbine.

    My dad didn't end up visiting because of the freezing rain. So we have been free to do the invitations and any other thing that we need to do. You can come by and help if you want in on the fun.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Oh hi! Ms. P arrives tonight with her mother. I'm not sure what she's planned for tomorrow, I'll be in touch tonight or tomorrow with details!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home