A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday Musings

Wow, all of the Christmas hoopla is officially over! We just have one more celebration, with Krazy's parents once we get back into town this weekend. The last week has been really great minus the baby toe breakage and church twice in one day (my parents believe that Christmas mass doesn't count as your Sunday obligation, sigh). Tink has been eating up all of the attention lavished on him wherever we go. He's going to be in shock when we get home and there's just me around!

I got to see my whole extended family on my Dad's side as they're a close bunch. I got to see my Mom's sister's family and that's the only family that really matters on her side anyway. My dud uncle's family never showed, even though they indicated that they would. This is the family of my cousin who is currently awaiting trial for some serious drug charges. I figured it was going to be awkward to avoid talking about anyway so it's probably for the best. Her other 3 brothers all live at least 2 hours away so we haven't celebrated with them in years...

Anyway, the next two days are wedding related as we go to order dresses for Nelbine's wedding, and then tomorrow - pole dancing followed up by country music dancing! I don't know that I'm capable of either right now with my banged-up toe, but I'll give it a shot!

Cheers!

ps - the funniest part of the last week was finding out that one of my cousin's works at Hooters! I'm sure you can guess which clan she's a member of...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home