A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

And You Know What? I Liked It.

This morning while preparing for my very grown-up physical, I found a very grown-up grey hair on my head (actually, it was just a short, tiny hair). It put to rest any doubts I had about other lighter coloured strands of hair because there is no denying that this baby is grey. It's like when I used to wonder if I was in labour when I was heavily pregnant, but then I went into labour for real and it put to rest any doubts I had about whether I was in labour or not. Anyway, I'm now assuming that the other strands were merely sun bleached.

I guess this is part of being on the other side of 20, peering very closely at 30? I was hoping to receive my Mom's glorious hair colour genes, that 50 year-old woman has just started getting grey hair in the last year. My father's sisters on the other hand? They started dying their hair in their late twenties. It looks like I'll be getting a combination of the two as I won't make it to 50 but I can't see having to dye my hair any time soon.

Besides, I actually thought that the strand was quite striking! Right now it's hiding underneath my other hair but it's very silver and very thick. Ask anyone who has thin hair and we'd all give for some more body. I'm aiming for a silver fox look but if it ends up looking dull and stringy then I better look me into some Clairol!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Go grey gracefully, girl. It is so beautiful. Cause if you dye, you will have to dye that hair once a month for the rest of your life and you would be dyeing your hair darker and there has been a link between dark hair dye and cancer. I gave up dyeing and it was hard to watch those roots grow in but now I'm all natural never going back. Dry, itchy scalp and dry ends. No way. There is always Henna which works with darker hair but has never worked for my light hair.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    Silver Fox! I've been dreaming of that since I started wearing my hair long.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yeah, this is what I'm thinking - go grey! Of course, this is easy for me to say with my one puny hair. We'll see I guess, as long as my hair still stays nice and smooth...I've NEVER dyed my hair because I love my natural colour. So you're right, whatever you start you have to continue.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home