A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Quite The Thing Don't You Know


As promised, here is a picture of my foot, a little over 24 hours after the incident occurred. I truly do wish that I had taken a picture of my toe pre-relocating because it was, quite simply, very fascinating! Just use your imagination and visualize my baby toe sticking out to the side...

Today has been so much better in terms of my mobility and pain level. I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to put my foot into a shoe by the weekend. This is a good thing because it's actually starting to get colder here.

A friend of mine came to visit with her children today and Tink, Little Guy and I followed that up with supper at Oma Bear's. We had moose sausage and mashed potatoes. Mmm..then some Dutch cookies and tarts. Grandmothers are so great!

Not much else to report. Tomorrow is Krazy's birthday and then he will be here the day after. Yay!

7 Comments:

  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Dread Pirate Jessica said…

    Mmmmm, moose sausage. Sounds delicious. I don't even remember the last time I had moose.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    It was very good - the meat was smoked. Sorry for the carniverous talk Sugarplum...

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    That's okay. I had moose in Finland and found that it was tasty.

    Your poor baby toe. Good thing it has a sturdy big sister to piggy back on! I guess now you have to make all your friends visit you at your parents' house.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yeah, I've been holding court at my parent's house. :)

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope that your toe heals quickly and that you'll be running around quickly. As far as broken bones go, little toes are not so bad.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yeah, I'd rather have a broken toe than a broken leg!! Although, this broken toe might take longer than normal to heal since it was so badly moved out of position. Yuck.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Andrea Bowers said…

    Your poor foot. I hope it's feeling better. It looks pretty bruised though.
    Thanks for the card by the way, and the family picture! You're a very cute family.
    Best wishes for 2007!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home