The Cursing Has Caught On
Krazy and I played Trivial Pursuit last night. It was the first time we have played alone, just the two of us. I won (of course), but I found it an interesting exercise and was a bit of an analogy for the dynamics of our relationship. Go ahead and try it sometime - you can learn new things about your relationship! What I learned about myself was that I get petulant and pouty when things aren't going my way, which means that the little 5 year-old inside is still loud and proud. What I learned about Krazy is that he is much calmer, but my goodness what a potty mouth. He was able to release a torrent of swear words in a row that could make one suspect the onset of Tourette's.
The horrible thing is that it has caught on and now I am swearing at the slightest little provocation. Don't worry, Tink is napping so there's no impressionable mind to absorb my cussing. It's so gratifying though that I can't stop. Half of the words aren't even real swear words, they're just crude and inappropriate. They make me giggle after I've said them too.
We had another incident with our smoke detectors this morning, thankfully it was 5:37 a.m. instead of 4:23 a.m. like last time (yes, the times are imprinted on my brain permanently). I should have sworn then, it would have been kind of appropriate. Thank goodness that Tink did not wake up from this. I am amazed that he will sleep through a smoke detector going off outside of his room, but will be roused from slumber by some plates clanging in the kitchen. What's up with that? It's enough to make me curse.
The horrible thing is that it has caught on and now I am swearing at the slightest little provocation. Don't worry, Tink is napping so there's no impressionable mind to absorb my cussing. It's so gratifying though that I can't stop. Half of the words aren't even real swear words, they're just crude and inappropriate. They make me giggle after I've said them too.
We had another incident with our smoke detectors this morning, thankfully it was 5:37 a.m. instead of 4:23 a.m. like last time (yes, the times are imprinted on my brain permanently). I should have sworn then, it would have been kind of appropriate. Thank goodness that Tink did not wake up from this. I am amazed that he will sleep through a smoke detector going off outside of his room, but will be roused from slumber by some plates clanging in the kitchen. What's up with that? It's enough to make me curse.


3 Comments:
At 2:03 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
I fucking love cursing.
At 2:41 PM,
Melbine said…
LOL - me too! I just find it hard to blurt out in the presence of others. It's drilled in my head not to do so! Unless I'm driving, then I can't control it.
At 10:26 AM,
Sugarplum said…
I hate when games don't go my way. We had this game board that had 5 games in one and we learned that I should not play chess. I know how but I have never developed the "skill" which means that the dude always wins and I always get frustrated because I feel so incompetant for not being able to figure out how to beat him! Othello, on the other hand, I usually won and was far more even once he got some practice.
Post a Comment
<< Home