No Looking Back
It was a sad, sad day for this momma when Krazy decided enough was enough and moved Tink's car seat to the forward-facing position on the weekend. I have been resisting this move for almost a month now, when Tink first started putting up a fuss about going in the car - especially once the sun had set. The thing was, he couldn't see very well and that's all he wants to do now. I tried to assure Krazy that it's safest for him to keep him rear-facing as long as possible (his chair supports him rear-facing until 30 lbs. and 32 inches) and that he only fusses because he doesn't like the dark. Huh. Not so! Tink was in sheer heaven for his ride over to his grandparents yesterday afternoon. I could see his grin in my rearview mirror and how much he enjoyed looking first out one window, and then the other. As for when darkness fell, his response was about 10% of his former protest. It turns out he still doesn't like when there's complete darkness, like when we're driving along the greenbelt on the way home...why is this sad for me you ask? Well, it makes him look much older and it means that he's growing so quickly. I know I have many more moments and years to enjoy of him being young, but still. Sniff sniff.
As promised, I'd like to mention what I thought of my friend's exhibition Magnificent Corpses. Sugarplum and I went, and, after finally finding the gallery cozied up beside a Thai restaurant in a strip mall, were both surprised at how beautiful the photos of the dead bird were. Actually, I think I was more surprised than Sugarplum, as she had the foresight to find even the teaser photograph beautiful. It was great to talk with Artista again, she's a very approachable and down-to-earth artist. I wish that I had a spare $100 lying around, I would snatch up one of those prints in an instant.
Only three weeks left until Tink and I fly home to the mothership. Ha-ha, just kidding. Well, we are flying home, but just to the T.O. airport, where we'll be whisked away by my parents and off to the farm for some relaxation and hopefully some more festivity enjoyment this year! Last Christmas was chaos, as Krazy and I were still settling into our new roles as parents and not getting near enough sleep to be coping with the holidays.
As promised, I'd like to mention what I thought of my friend's exhibition Magnificent Corpses. Sugarplum and I went, and, after finally finding the gallery cozied up beside a Thai restaurant in a strip mall, were both surprised at how beautiful the photos of the dead bird were. Actually, I think I was more surprised than Sugarplum, as she had the foresight to find even the teaser photograph beautiful. It was great to talk with Artista again, she's a very approachable and down-to-earth artist. I wish that I had a spare $100 lying around, I would snatch up one of those prints in an instant.
Only three weeks left until Tink and I fly home to the mothership. Ha-ha, just kidding. Well, we are flying home, but just to the T.O. airport, where we'll be whisked away by my parents and off to the farm for some relaxation and hopefully some more festivity enjoyment this year! Last Christmas was chaos, as Krazy and I were still settling into our new roles as parents and not getting near enough sleep to be coping with the holidays.


2 Comments:
At 6:01 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
You'll have a lovely one. I can't wait for Christmas either.
Tink will make you prouder and prouder the older he gets.
At 9:52 AM,
Melbine said…
Will you be going home for Christmas?
I'm sure we have many moments of pride coming up where Tink is concerned. I mean, I'm proud when he can drink from a sippy cup properly, so imagine when he's going to start doing things like walking or crapping in the toilet!!
Post a Comment
<< Home