Bust A Move
Look how clever I am, combining my two main topics for this post, my bust and Tink's walking!! That's right, you read that correctly. Little Tink made a grand stroll across the rec room this morning, and out of nowhere too. I wasn't desperately trying to coax him, hoping for a couple of steps. This was me sitting on the couch to check out if Regis & Kelly would be interesting today and Tink standing and leaning against the couch. All of a sudden he sees something over by the tv speaker that he wants and off he goes! It was a good six steps and it was thrilling, yet alarming to see! He looked so small and cute, I can't imagine what it's like for parents who have petite babies..that must be like watching a doll toddle along.
Now onto my bust. I realized yesterday that I need to get my dress ordered for Sugarplum's wedding asap. So I went to the website that Krazy and I figured is going to be the best deal. After getting Krazy to take my measurements, we discovered that based on my bust, waist, and hips measurements, I need a different size for each part of my body! Argh! It's difficult to say because I'm still nursing, but apparently my bust will require a size 14, while my hips only need a size 4. I've always had to buy things bigger to accommodate this busty, Dutch bust of mine, but this seems a bit silly. Oh well, there's going to be tailoring that takes place no matter what size I get so I'm going to go with the biggest size and go from there.
Now onto my bust. I realized yesterday that I need to get my dress ordered for Sugarplum's wedding asap. So I went to the website that Krazy and I figured is going to be the best deal. After getting Krazy to take my measurements, we discovered that based on my bust, waist, and hips measurements, I need a different size for each part of my body! Argh! It's difficult to say because I'm still nursing, but apparently my bust will require a size 14, while my hips only need a size 4. I've always had to buy things bigger to accommodate this busty, Dutch bust of mine, but this seems a bit silly. Oh well, there's going to be tailoring that takes place no matter what size I get so I'm going to go with the biggest size and go from there.


5 Comments:
At 1:35 PM,
Anonymous said…
Wait to go Tink!
As for your bust, try to get measured by a tailor. I once did measurements myself for a tux, and the tux renting place said that based on the measurements I have arms like an orangutan. But maybe you know how to do it; I obviously didn't.
At 1:51 PM,
Anonymous said…
Well, let me tell you. The problem is that commercial sizes add a great deal of ease into their measurements so that the ready-made dress is often 5 inches bigger than the measurement. If you are measuring with your clothes on you don't need to add any ease at all - especially if you are ordering a fancy tight fitting dress. Don't order a size 14, Mel, I'd say order a size 10 or if you want to be really safe order a size 12. If I went with my measurements like they said, I would be a size 12. But when I finish the product, a size 8 is way too big. I am a size 6 no matter what they say. Don't waste your money ordering something that is so big. You won't need it. Take it from me, I am taking a tailoring class.
And wohoo! to Tink!
At 2:20 PM,
Melbine said…
Thanks for all the bust advice guys. Yeah, I got Krazy to measure me because I know it's no good taking your own measurements. I think I'm going to go with the 12 because I bet I'm going to lose an inch or so after I'm done nursing. And I'm pretty sure it was a 10 that I tried on in the store, right Sugarplum? And it fit fine, though I would have liked some more room in the bust. So a 12 it is!
At 2:30 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
YAY TINK!
And I need a dress . . .
At 2:40 PM,
Anonymous said…
I think the size 10 fit you nicely - in fact almost perfectly. And you were breatfeading at the time too. I should make the phone call about my dress soon. I need to see how much time it will take to get it to fit me perfectly.
Post a Comment
<< Home