One Year and Three Weeks
Poor little Tink discovered how light, yet heavy, our breakfast nook chairs are as he made a face plant and brought the chair down on top of him this morning. You know when something hurts so bad that it takes you a few seconds to wail in pain because your body's in shock? That's what he did - pulled back, held his breath as he got all red, then let out the screams that just break your heart as a mother. He's got a real shiner on his cheek to show for it. He laughs when I gingerly press down on it so I'm assuming that it looks worse than it feels.
I finally took down all of his birthday cards today because I figured that after 3 weeks it was probably time. If I had gone back to work after he turned one, that means I would have already been working for three weeks. I'd have missed 3 weeks of daytime fun and adventure with him + 3 weeks of learning more about his personality and temperament. I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to stay at home and I vow to never take it for granted. Amen.
I am finally getting to meet an ex-colleague's twins this week that were born 5 days before Tink. I am very excited as we have been trying to plan this for, oh, about a year! I have so many questions I want to ask her and I love watching Tink play with babies his own age (almost literally!). She had a boy and a girl and they look adorable from the pictures she sends out.
Finally, to completely change the subject, did anyone watch any of the American Music Awards last night? I watched about an hour and saw Gwen Stefani perform her new song, Wind It Up, where she rips off the cute marionette song from Sound of Music. The song was kind of catchy, but as a traditionalist, I highly object to the trashing of such a cute and innocent song from a musical about children!
I finally took down all of his birthday cards today because I figured that after 3 weeks it was probably time. If I had gone back to work after he turned one, that means I would have already been working for three weeks. I'd have missed 3 weeks of daytime fun and adventure with him + 3 weeks of learning more about his personality and temperament. I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to stay at home and I vow to never take it for granted. Amen.
I am finally getting to meet an ex-colleague's twins this week that were born 5 days before Tink. I am very excited as we have been trying to plan this for, oh, about a year! I have so many questions I want to ask her and I love watching Tink play with babies his own age (almost literally!). She had a boy and a girl and they look adorable from the pictures she sends out.
Finally, to completely change the subject, did anyone watch any of the American Music Awards last night? I watched about an hour and saw Gwen Stefani perform her new song, Wind It Up, where she rips off the cute marionette song from Sound of Music. The song was kind of catchy, but as a traditionalist, I highly object to the trashing of such a cute and innocent song from a musical about children!


6 Comments:
At 4:06 PM,
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry to hear that your cutie had an accident and I am glad to hear that he is doing better.
I agree about that Wind it up song. I don't like how she uses the Sound of Music and then goes into some strange bondage scene. She turns it into something about boys watching girls and girls liking it? What is up with her? She should have just dropped the Sound of Music bits if she was going to make it so sexual!
At 6:33 PM,
Melbine said…
I'm not sure what's up with Gwen Stefani, she's a weird one that's for sure! I like her most of the time though, she's got some spunk.
At 9:57 AM,
Anonymous said…
That Wind it Up song is not as good as the rest of her music. Without that Sound of Music bit, it wouldn't really have a melody.
At 10:05 AM,
Anonymous said…
Yes, I just meant the little children and her in bed pretending to be the nanny and then chaining herself to a gate and howling. I think she is trying so hard to be somebody that it really comes off fake and crazy. I do always buy her albums though and then I shake my head and say, "Shame, Gwen. You should know better." Like her solo album where she is acting all teenage and there's one song where a boy actually says something like, "You just be pretty." and objectifying the Japanese girls and herself. I don't like the direction she is going.
At 12:41 PM,
Melbine said…
I'm glad I didn't watch the rest of the video..I'm hoping that eventually I'll be able to think of that song without Gwen and her girls gyrating. I watch Sound of Music every year - it's my fave!
At 1:57 PM,
Anonymous said…
Mine too! I didn't know that! We used to watch it every Xmas at my cousin's house! I was so excited when I went to that castle - I kept singing until Mikehole wanted to crucify me!
Post a Comment
<< Home