La-La-La
The number one thing that Krazy and I learned at our infant/child CPR course this weekend was that it's all about oxygen! I enjoyed this course as we only had a few specifics to worry about. I've been to courses before where I just walk out of the room shell-shocked at the end of the day. There had been way too much information given and I doubted that I could keep any of it straight. This was very straightforward and focused purely on what to do if an infant or child is choking, unconscious, or not breathing AKA clinically dead. Krazy was the only male there with 7 women and I was so proud of him for coming with me! 2 of the women were there also because they have infants or toddlers and wanted to know this information. It never occurred to me that it wasn't important that Krazy know all of these life-saving techniques. Where were the fathers of those children??
I just had a conservator drop by and take away the precious large painted photograph of my great-grandmother and her sister from the 1910's. I made him take a good picture with his digital camera before he left, just in case something happened to the photo. I think he thought I was a bit whoo-whoo, but I don't have any other copies of it and I would be in big doo-doo (rhymes with whoo-whoo) if he damaged it. My mother and her sister would be pretty upset, but not as upset as me.
I can hardly wait to pick up Tink's one year pictures this week. Not to mention the huge family portrait puzzle that we get free with our package. I'm still disturbed by what taking myself apart and putting myself back together might do to my psyche, but I'm mostly curious to see how they cut the puzzle up. Did they split everyone's face in half or what??
I just had a conservator drop by and take away the precious large painted photograph of my great-grandmother and her sister from the 1910's. I made him take a good picture with his digital camera before he left, just in case something happened to the photo. I think he thought I was a bit whoo-whoo, but I don't have any other copies of it and I would be in big doo-doo (rhymes with whoo-whoo) if he damaged it. My mother and her sister would be pretty upset, but not as upset as me.
I can hardly wait to pick up Tink's one year pictures this week. Not to mention the huge family portrait puzzle that we get free with our package. I'm still disturbed by what taking myself apart and putting myself back together might do to my psyche, but I'm mostly curious to see how they cut the puzzle up. Did they split everyone's face in half or what??


5 Comments:
At 11:59 AM,
Anonymous said…
What are they doing with the painting? I think it was wise for you to have a photo taken of it so that you can look at it whenever you want and so you have a record of it.
At 12:07 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
I think so too. How much did the puzzle cost, by the way?
At 1:41 PM,
Melbine said…
He's going to do a couple of things with it: touch it up where some of the gelatin emulsion has flaked off; clean off the 40 years of exposure after being taken out of the frame; and repair a tiny tear at the top.
Um, I don't know how much the puzzle cost! It was part of the $99 deal along with all the other pics we're getting.
At 11:01 AM,
Anonymous said…
I once went on a few dates with this guy and made the mistake of telling him that I thought Bon Jovi was cute. He made me a Bon Jovi puzzle by glueing a poster onto cardboard, then cutting out puzzle pieces, putting them all into a bag and mailing it to me, no note or anything!
I love the idea of restoration. I found this cute picture of my mom and her siblings from the 50s, and had it blown up slightly and restored. I gave one to my mom and one to her mom, framed, for christmas and it brought tears to their eyes. I'm sure your thoughtful photo ideas will do the same.
At 1:21 PM,
Melbine said…
I can see why your dates with that guy was restricted to a few Artemis! That was very sweet of you to give that photo to your mother and grandmother. I'm hoping to be able to give copies to everyone of this picture for Christmas, but I don't know if it will work out. I guess we'll see how long the conservator takes..
Post a Comment
<< Home