A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Denying Myself

Just as Mistress remembered something about herself, I too, have realized something very intrinsic to my nature. It surprises me at times because I pretend that I'm not, but...here goes...I'm a snuggle bunny.

I am trés affectionate with my closest loved ones. I have vivid memories of constantly kissing and hugging my younger siblings, especially my youngest brother since I was that much older than him. The trend continues with Tink and for the first time since he was born, I have my first cold sore.

This is not unusual, I have dealt with them my whole life. This is the traditional time of year when I get them - the weather is drying up and I don't know, I just know this is my time of year to get them. I must have avoided it last year because I wasn't out much, dealing with a newborn and all.

Now I have to try and avoid Tink coming into contact with it. As if to tempt me, he's developed a fever today in response to the measles vaccination he got last week (they warned us it might happen) and he's being Mr. Snuggle Bunny himself. I'm trying not to kiss him but..it's not going so well. For now I am appeasing myself with kisses on his back or the back of his head. But those little chubby cheeks are calling out to me!

Sigh. I feel like it's Lent or something..

5 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Poor old Mel. Today Figaro told me I was trying to cuddle him in my sleep last night, which annoyed him because he couldn't sleep, and then I'd "complain" without waking up when he pushed me off. Sigh.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Figaro and Krazy should have a talk sometime - I do that all the time (apparently)!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Mel and poor Tink. Have you gone to a doctor about that recently? There might be something he/she could tell you... it is such a life disrupter for you. There must be something that will make it go away faster or something.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    I have some prescription cream for it...it seems to be healing quite well for whatever reason. Sometimes these things drag on for weeks! My last big one left a scar on my lip for about half a year afterwards.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. That's not nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home