Won't You Be My Neighbour?
Our neighbours put their house up for sale last week and the for sale sign is seriously starting to depress me! We get along really well with our neighbours since we are the same age, have similar backgrounds, and are at the same place in our lives. Now they want to move further away from the city where real estate is more affordable and they can buy a stand-alone house with a nice backyard. I totally understand this, in fact, I think about the day when we do the same! But I am really nervous about who our next neighbours will be. Our current neighbours have been quiet, friendly, and easy to co-exist within a townhome unit. What if the next people are none of the above? Therefore, I am putting this out there - if you are looking to buy a townhouse, get in touch with me and we can be neighbours!
On the other side of us, we are not so lucky. Well, they are very nice people and really don't cause us much trouble. They are an elderly couple who are still working, they're quite active for their ages really (early 70s). But they go to bed late and get up early and we hear their tv because they turn it up loud to hear better. The man wakes Tink up (you have heard me complaining about him before) from his naps because he slams the door when he's in and out of the house all day. Sigh.
I would still be upset if they put their house up for sale because once again, who knows what kind of people might move in? I never thought about this kind of thing when I was younger and carefree. This is because I never really stayed in one place for very long. If I didn't like my roommates or neighbours, it was very easy to go and find another apartment to rent. It doesn't work that way once you've bought a house and started a family.
Just one more reason to get into the country and live in peace. Yee-ha!
On the other side of us, we are not so lucky. Well, they are very nice people and really don't cause us much trouble. They are an elderly couple who are still working, they're quite active for their ages really (early 70s). But they go to bed late and get up early and we hear their tv because they turn it up loud to hear better. The man wakes Tink up (you have heard me complaining about him before) from his naps because he slams the door when he's in and out of the house all day. Sigh.
I would still be upset if they put their house up for sale because once again, who knows what kind of people might move in? I never thought about this kind of thing when I was younger and carefree. This is because I never really stayed in one place for very long. If I didn't like my roommates or neighbours, it was very easy to go and find another apartment to rent. It doesn't work that way once you've bought a house and started a family.
Just one more reason to get into the country and live in peace. Yee-ha!


3 Comments:
At 4:27 PM,
Anonymous said…
That's too bad. Well, you never know - maybe the next people will be nice as well. We're going through the same thing since the apartment below us has gone up for rent. I have my fingers crossed for a non-smoker! I should ask my landlord who rented it...
At 4:33 PM,
Melbine said…
Oh, I didn't know that the smoker left! I'll have all my fingers crossed for you too...that guy wasn't there long?!
At 9:52 AM,
Anonymous said…
They bought a house in Kanata! Unfortunately, I still have three more smokers whose smoke leaks up through the holes in the floor, walls, etc. But they don't have big smoking parties.
Post a Comment
<< Home