A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Monday, November 06, 2006

Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da

I am finally giving the finger to Rogers Video, having signed up with zip.ca over the weekend to enjoy movie renting via the Internet and postal service. Screw the movie rental store, who calls not just once, but twice this weekend, to try and tell us that we have not returned our movie. The first time an incident like this happened I thought it was just a misunderstanding. The second time was slightly annoying. The third time started to piss me off and the fourth time has resulted in the loss of a customer, Mr. Rogers Video! Anyway, I have known about zip for almost 2 years now between bus friends and Sugarplum waxing poetic about it. We made up our list yesterday afternoon, I think I am going to become addicted to selecting movies! Fun fun.

I have not posted since last week because my parents were up and it was a busy weekend with Tink's one year photo shoot and birthday party. We decided to get a family shot done as well and send that out as our Christmas cards. Somehow I walked away from the studio having signed up to get a 10 x 13 puzzle of this family shot. Um, I don't know whether to feel embarassed or amused. I'm mostly confused. What am I supposed to do with this thing? Put myself together every morning??

The birthday party went really well with 8 adults and Tink as the little star of attention. He was spoiled rotten, but I guess the time to spoil someone is when they're one and won't remember and become a spoiled brat. He got a whole mixture of things from clothes to toys to tupperware bowls to a miniature hope chest. The cake was really yummy, I'm chowing down on it as I type this. I loove cake in the morning, I think I might be truly and negatively addicted to sugar...

In one hour from now Tink will be at the doctor's office to get that big fat measles/mumps/rubella shot. Poor little guy, maybe it will make him nap this afternoon though!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's fun to have the reviews and everything you need to make an informed choice when making a list of movies you eventually want to see (as opposed to standing there staring blankly at the movies on a shelf and trying to remember who gets to make the final choice this time). Then you get them and you say, what the hell is THIS? But you trust yourself and watch it and you enjoy it. Or if you didn't no big deal cause you have three more to choose from. I like Zip. Did I tell you?

    It did piss me off when they decided we could only have 15 in a month. We often would watch them all and then expect more and realize that they were waiting until next month to send them. Cheap bastards.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Poor little Tink with the big needle. I hate needles.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Which plan are you with Sugarplum? How many DVDs can you send back at once? We assumed it was only one..anyway, we went with the plan where you can have 2 DVDs at a time and 5 free shipments back. So we assumed that was 5/month. Still a better deal than Rogers!

    Yeah, poor little Tink AND poor little me. I was pretty upset to see him screaming in pain. He actually got 2 shots, one in the arm and one in the leg. :( The nurse said these 2 are the worst ones in the whole bunch. So why do they give them at once???

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, poor guy.

    I don't know the details since this is the dude's dealings but I know that when we joined it was $25/mo for 4 movies at a time and unlimited amount of movies per month. Since then we pay the same and they stop sending them after 15 movies. We can get more but there is a surcharge and usually we just have to be patient a few days - something we had to learn after being unlimited!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home