Babies, Babies, Babies
Tink and I had a very fun morning with my friend and her twins! The whole family is just so, so cute and my friend's husband told me that I remind him of Anna Paquin. So there you go, that's another name to add to the list of "Have you ever been told you look like _____". I seem to have that bizarre effect on people. Another colleague brought her 9 month old over and she is the first mother I've met recently to tell me she is dying to get back to work. She is just not enjoying her experience at home. To her I say, you totally have to do what makes you happy because if the momma ain't happy, then no one's happy!
Anyhoo, yesterday afternoon turned into a very frustrating one as I forgot to turn the car lights off after we got home from Sweet One's. I actually killed the battery and needed to get Krazy to come from work with booster cables! Trés embarassing but everything worked out in the end. I called my father at work because he knows all there is to know about these situations and he talked us through a bit of it. There wasn't much he could do from 6 hours away though. The interesting part of this story is that my mother called last night to tell me that she killed the battery on her van and no less than an hour after I called Dad, she had to call him to come and give her a boost! Now what are the odds of that kiddies??
Sugarplum and I are heading to my friend's exhibit tonight entitled "Magnificent Corpses". I'll write more about it once I've seen it, but I heard a review of it this morning on CBC and I'm even more intrigued; as if the invitation sent in the mail with a dead bird belly up wasn't intrigue enough...
ps - apparently this is my 100th post! Let's all go and eat cake. :)
Anyhoo, yesterday afternoon turned into a very frustrating one as I forgot to turn the car lights off after we got home from Sweet One's. I actually killed the battery and needed to get Krazy to come from work with booster cables! Trés embarassing but everything worked out in the end. I called my father at work because he knows all there is to know about these situations and he talked us through a bit of it. There wasn't much he could do from 6 hours away though. The interesting part of this story is that my mother called last night to tell me that she killed the battery on her van and no less than an hour after I called Dad, she had to call him to come and give her a boost! Now what are the odds of that kiddies??
Sugarplum and I are heading to my friend's exhibit tonight entitled "Magnificent Corpses". I'll write more about it once I've seen it, but I heard a review of it this morning on CBC and I'm even more intrigued; as if the invitation sent in the mail with a dead bird belly up wasn't intrigue enough...
ps - apparently this is my 100th post! Let's all go and eat cake. :)


3 Comments:
At 2:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
I burnt the battery out at camp once. I was using my bro-n-law's car and the radio didn't turn off like a normal radio (I couldn't figure it out - usually you just turn it down and then there's a click and it's off) well, I turned it down and thought it would be off and then turned the car off (it should really have been off then) but this was a weird old Prelude and it was on all night. I had a friend there with me and he left in the morning and I was alone. Went to go home and nothing happened. Had to walk to the neighbour's camp which wasn't close and the camp had just been sold to strangers, he had to come over and give me a boost or I would have been stuck out there in the middle of nowhere! Good thing it happened during the day because I wouldn't have made the long walk at night - no way!
At 4:22 PM,
Melbine said…
Oh my gawd, that totally sucs a lot more than my burning out the battery in my driveway! I've never heard of a battery being tied to a radio like that!
See you sometime between 6:30 and 7.
At 4:35 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
You ladies have fun tonight!
Post a Comment
<< Home