Due Date
Last year on this exact day I was super pumped with excitement, expecting that little Tink would make his grand appearance! It was, after all, his due date. Then I discovered that only about 5% of babies are actually born on this vague predictor. We really have no idea, you know? Anyway, Krazy and I took about 3 walks and rented some movies since we smartly realized that it would be a long, long time before we'd be able to sit down and watch a movie again. And then Tink didn't come after all. He was so smart to skip Hallowe'en (who wants to share all the attention of a birthday with a holiday?) and THEN start the process...
...it was a rainy, windy weekend and I will forever be reminded of Piglet from Winnie the Pooh bemoaning the blustery days. Blustery...mmm..such a great word. After lunch with Ms. D at the Scone Witch, Sugarplum and I went for what we assumed would be a quick trip to the bridal shop to look at dresses. These things are not as simple as they would seem! Especially when there are about half a dozen other customers doing the same thing. The help tends to get spread a little thin and then they don't have the time to truly help the way people need help in these stores!
Krazy and I rented The Break-Up yesterday, you know the one with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston? It was fairly funny but it was marketed as a comedy and it really wasn't at all. And I kept finding myself disbelieving those two as a romantic couple and then I remembered, whoa, aren't they dating in real life?? They just don't have that couple look, you know? Most of the time I find that couples seem to match each other well but every so often I come across a couple that seem so...odd.
Not much else to say...hoping to help Tink get back into a nap schedule since he has decided over the last half a week that he doesn't need any day time sleep?? I have been assured resoundingly by my mother that I was exactly the same so I can only assume that my karma is getting its ass kicked for putting my mother (and my older sister whom, apparently, I used to wake up from her own naps) through this annoyance. Anyway, he's sleeping 12 hours (sometimes more) at night so the kid is just consolidating. Smart kid. He knows that daytime is meant for other things besides sleeping...
...it was a rainy, windy weekend and I will forever be reminded of Piglet from Winnie the Pooh bemoaning the blustery days. Blustery...mmm..such a great word. After lunch with Ms. D at the Scone Witch, Sugarplum and I went for what we assumed would be a quick trip to the bridal shop to look at dresses. These things are not as simple as they would seem! Especially when there are about half a dozen other customers doing the same thing. The help tends to get spread a little thin and then they don't have the time to truly help the way people need help in these stores!
Krazy and I rented The Break-Up yesterday, you know the one with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston? It was fairly funny but it was marketed as a comedy and it really wasn't at all. And I kept finding myself disbelieving those two as a romantic couple and then I remembered, whoa, aren't they dating in real life?? They just don't have that couple look, you know? Most of the time I find that couples seem to match each other well but every so often I come across a couple that seem so...odd.
Not much else to say...hoping to help Tink get back into a nap schedule since he has decided over the last half a week that he doesn't need any day time sleep?? I have been assured resoundingly by my mother that I was exactly the same so I can only assume that my karma is getting its ass kicked for putting my mother (and my older sister whom, apparently, I used to wake up from her own naps) through this annoyance. Anyway, he's sleeping 12 hours (sometimes more) at night so the kid is just consolidating. Smart kid. He knows that daytime is meant for other things besides sleeping...


7 Comments:
At 12:34 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
I think most people would trade in napping for twelve hours of sleeping - he might keep you busy but at least he's not torturing you with sleep-dep.
At 1:41 PM,
Anonymous said…
I'd like some examples of the odd couples you talk about..........
At 9:18 PM,
Melbine said…
I know Mistress, I don't have much to complain about with him! And he had an almost 2 hour nap today so maybe he's getting back on track?!
I'd have to think about the odd couples Sugarplum, I can't think of any off the top of my head. It's mostly celebrity-related..
At 5:30 AM,
katrina said…
hey melbine, do you read www.laineygossip.com?
keeps me in the loop from lands far-off!
funny that Tink doesn't want to take naps so much, I've started taking naps in the afternoon, in between classes (we actually have a "sleeping room" for the teachers!)
At 9:50 AM,
cali said…
Happy Almost-Birthday Tink!
And I agree about The Break-Up. It's funny, but leaves you feeling sad at the end. And it's scary to think that people would go to that much trouble to make each other miserable.
At 10:52 AM,
Melbine said…
Hi Katrina! No, haven't heard of laineygossip before but thanks for the heads up! I like what I see...
Tink gets his aversion to napping honestly, since I am the same way. It is very hard for me to get to sleep during the day, only sleep deprivation caused me to do that when Tink was first born!
I was sad, Calisaurus, about the ending but then I grew to like it. It made more sense really..
At 11:08 AM,
Anonymous said…
That's great that the two of you did something special to make the time pass on your due date. I can see the both of you cozied up in your apartment watching movie after movie. I'm sure that was a special time and a good memory in the sleepless nights that followed when you were unable to spend much quality time together.
Post a Comment
<< Home