A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Day in the Life of..

...one year old Tink! He has had a very busy last 24 hours, I guess that's what happens when you're born the day after Hallowe'en.


Here he is in his costume, isn't he a cutie-pie? Tink was pretty into visiting with friends and family, not so into getting in and out of the car. He was pretty exhausted by the time we got home, and for good reason! The funniest part of the night was watching him interact with Minou at Sugarplum's.

Here he is today on this most special of days - his birthday! I just cannot believe that it was one year ago that he made his grand appearance. Wow, we had no idea what we were getting into! :) I don't mean to get mushy, but I cannot imagine my life without Tink. I didn't realize just how much I could love another human being; how I would so easily do anything for him, even die for him. I would do that without a second thought. Okay, enough of that, getting a little va-klempt here...


...Whistler and Sweet One spent the afternoon here to help Tink celebrate. His day consisted of a big morning walk, a wee tiny nap, another walk with Grandma, checking out his new Baby Einstein video (he can finally watch it now that he's 1), a birthday bath, birthday singing with a glowing cupcake, and the grand finale of presents!


Tomorrow will be our quiet day before Mama and Papa Bear arrive for the extravaganza birthday weekend. I hope that everything goes smoothly and that Tink doesn't get overwhelmed. I'm sure he will be fine - we all know that boy is the biggest social butterfly of all!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    That boy just devastates me with his cuteness!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Trust me, I know! My mother keeps insinuating that it's going to be difficult to discipline that boy when he grins his big grin at you..

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can see it now. Have a lovely weekend.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He's so happy and curious!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger katrina said…

    um, cutest pirate EVER :-) (I think I may have already told you that?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home