Why Don't Boys Dance?
We returned from the lovely wedding in the Muskoka's yesterday afternoon and it hardly seemed like we were there. We arrived 20 minutes before the ceremony and left the next morning before anyone else was even really up for the day. Lady Guinevere was beautiful and very emotional (you could see the tears dripping off her cheeks from 6 rows back) and the location was amazing. At the reception in the evening, I bumped into an older man on the dance floor and he asked me why us girls weren't dancing with boys. The gaggle of gals and I wondered that ourselves. What happened to the average modern man that he won't step onto a dance floor anymore? Men and women used to spend many an evening dancing together, it was not something to be avoided. Frustrating! I think we need to start a male dancing revolution!
How did Tink fare in all of this? Well, we knew that his whole routine and schedule was going to be upended. I don't think we were fully aware of just how much. He woke up 5 times last night, just miserable to be awake but so confused by the whole 24 hour whirlwind that he couldn't seem to handle it. Finally at 3:30 I brought him to bed, he nursed and passed out until 6:30. This means that Krazy must sleep on the good old couch since there is definitely not room anymore in our double bed for 2 adults and a 10.5 month old who thinks he needs the whole bed for space! He's such a little cuddle bug though, it's hard to be frustrated for long.
There was something else I wanted to talk about but it has slipped my mind. Hmmm. What was it? Gee, it must have been really important huh? I need to start drinking coffee.
How did Tink fare in all of this? Well, we knew that his whole routine and schedule was going to be upended. I don't think we were fully aware of just how much. He woke up 5 times last night, just miserable to be awake but so confused by the whole 24 hour whirlwind that he couldn't seem to handle it. Finally at 3:30 I brought him to bed, he nursed and passed out until 6:30. This means that Krazy must sleep on the good old couch since there is definitely not room anymore in our double bed for 2 adults and a 10.5 month old who thinks he needs the whole bed for space! He's such a little cuddle bug though, it's hard to be frustrated for long.
There was something else I wanted to talk about but it has slipped my mind. Hmmm. What was it? Gee, it must have been really important huh? I need to start drinking coffee.


5 Comments:
At 10:12 AM,
Sugarplum said…
There is nothing more sexy than a man who dances. Unfortunately, I don't know any anymore. I'm told that my man got up and did some dancing the other day at an aboriginal dancing ceremony in North Bay. I didn't get to see it thought. I'm told he won 3rd place and some guy recognzied him later in a fast food restaurant. He said, "You hungry from all that dancing?" But he has to be so so drunk to dance with me. And then he steps on my toes and bangs me into things. Not cool.
At 10:34 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
You know, I've never danced with Figaro, but he claims he dances. Mr. N, Mr. B and their friends dance, very nicely I might add, and my gay friends dance. Boys dance. Just grab your men and make them dance. Throw rocks at their feet or something.
At 11:49 AM,
cali said…
You have to take your men places to dance where, if they don't dance, men who do will scoop up the women.
Most guys I know like dancing - those who don't are afriad of looking silly. (Which is silly in its own right.)
At 12:30 PM,
Sugarplum said…
That's a good plan. I'll try it sometime. The idea would be to go somewhere where the guy will feel like he looks stupid when he's not dancing. I can't imagine where that might be other than a disco concert.
At 7:18 AM,
Melbine said…
Oh yes, Mr. N and Mr. B are fab dancers! They are quite musically inclined however. Boys do like to dance but somehow it's been put in their head that it's not manly man enough anymore. Sheesh.
Post a Comment
<< Home