A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hasta La Vista Fever!

Tink's fever broke sometime through the night last night. Thank goodness that is over! He is still congested but he is sounding worse than he feels, or so I suspect. I base this on his returning to his busy, busy self today. His napping is still a bit off and his appetite isn't 100% but he was happy and busy. Did I mention busy? It's like he woke up today and realized that he had missed out on three days of playing!

Nelbine had her first day of teacher's college today and wasn't too impressed with the orientation. Hopefully the actual classes end up being less a waste of time. When we spoke with our older sister (a high school teacher) to wish her a happy birthday this evening she indicated that there are a fair number of wasted moments in teacher's college. Why is that??

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but our backyard is like a nature preserve due to the neighbours that like to feed all the wild animals within a 5 mile radius. Now a porcupine has discovered the bounty and he is bold! He is starting to waddle across everyone else's lawns to check for food while on the way to visit with the groundhogs. A cat has also discovered the bounty and likes to stalk this porcupine. I predict a bad ending for the kittie if he keeps that up! By the way, are all porcupines huge? This thing is massive and oh-so slow. It doesn't change my opinion that my neighbours are dinks for feeding the wildlife, but I'll take advantage of the animal show right in my own backyard.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yeah they seem harmless, except the threat of the quills shooting at me makes me keep my distance!

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    They can't shoot their quills, so you can relax a little.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    What?? Really? What do they do with them? Are they just like a coating of armour or something? I always thought when cats and dogs came back with quills in their face that they got shot at, so to speak. Wow.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Nah, they bit into it, or else pawed at it and then tried to bite the quills off. They come off the porcupine easily when something bites it, but they can't shoot the quills.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Cats love to stalk porcupines because they are so dumb looking and they can't run fast but cats also get bored with them quickly for those two same reasons. They are harmless. If a cat does bite him, the cat will just have learned a lesson and will be back to mischief in no time.

    Watch out though, they will chew through wood and eat the darndest things (like a stinky old outhouse). Just ask us Northern girls!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yeah, apparently Northern girls know way more about them than I do! I sat and thought about it and of course they wouldn't be able to shoot the quills! Duh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home