A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Shooting Out Both Ends

Warning: this post may offend some readers. Reader discretion is advised.

I have seen more poop and vomit come out of the Tink the last 24 hours than I care to think about. And it's not even because he's sick! Well, the diarrha was most definitely linked to the virus exiting his system. However, the vomit is another story. Yesterday I thought it would be interesting to introduce him to the world of chick peas. The breakfast nook became a battle ground as I struggled to get him to take more than one bite. Then he started gagging and then he projectile vomited the milk he had just finished 15 minutes earlier.

This afternoon I was determined that he was going to drink the last 2 ounces of his formula. 5 minutes later he vomited that last 2 ounces all over my shirt. I dry heaved for about one full minute while Nelbine got Tink washed off. Formula vomit is much more disgusting than breastmilk vomit.

I will happily change the subject now. I just had to get that out of my system, so to speak.

Nelbine, Tink and I piled into the car and headed off to a bridal boutique in Stittsville this afternoon. She has been trying to track down a certain elusive dress that she has not been able to find since before she came up to Ottawa. They didn't have the dress but it was so much fun to be in a bridal store again! I thought that once you got married your fascination with wedding dresses ended but apparently not! My hands itched to take down one or two of the dresses off the rack and run and try them on. I felt the same way when Sugarplum and I went to a dress sale back in April! Every girl wants to be a princess always and forever. Amen.

From vomiting to fairy tale princesses. What else can I throw into this mixture?!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Look a that - we both blogged about poo!

    Hey - are you over there trying MY wedding dress on?!! Now I know why you were so willing to keep it for me!

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    You can talk about jizz, too, that way you'll have covered most of the human bases.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Well, girl, I have you matched. I came home from the GR and there was cat puke all over the front of Charlie's chair and the floor in front. I'm pretty sure it was Charlie's hairball but there was a LOT of it!

    I don't have anything brillian to say about jizz. I haven't even met anyone I would refer to as a jizzpants lately. Sorry, mistress.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Ah, nothing like jizz, vomit and shit to brighten a girl's day! I also have nothing brilliant to say about jizz.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home