A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Early Morning

Tink has thrilled us with another one of his early morning wake-up sessions. It seems that once I've been awake for an hour and a half that I am just magically alert as if it was midday instead of 5 a.m. I guess my body just assumes that if I've been awake that long that I must be getting up for the day and I might as well have some breakfast and do some reading.

I think I know why Tink woke up - he was cold. He had a onesie on underneath his sleeper and at the last second I took it off because he was pretty warm at the time. However, with no one to cuddle with and no blankets to snuggle under, things cool off pretty severely by 3:30 a.m. I won't make the same mistake again tonight!

Sigh. Lots potentially going on today (there always is the day after a rough night with Tink) involving babies, brides, or pies. I suspect it will be a little bit of bridal show followed by a little bit of pie. This will be capped off with a belated birthday dinner for Jericho down in the market. I hope everyone's happily in dreamland as I write this and not wide awake wanting to eat breakfast!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Poor chilly angel!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yeah, seems angelic in the first hour. Not so much as the second hour of your sleep ticks away and you try and get him to stay asleep in his crib!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home