Mary Kay, Are You The Girl For Me??
Last night was the big Mary Kay pizza party slash makeover. And you know what? It was fun! The 'beauty experts' were hilarious and the other women there (only 5 others besides Nelbine and I) were just sooo into it. I have to admit, it was kind of hard not to catch on to the enthusiasm of the sales ladies. I managed to not completely blow all my money thank goodness. They did manage to get $40 out of me in lip products. For the first time in my life, I have found the perfect lipstick colour for me. Get this - pink coral. Yup. Doesn't that sound ugly-ugo-ugly? It looks horrible in the tube but fantastic on my lips. No wonder it's taken me 10 years to find a nice colour, who would have ever thought that I should pick up the pink coral to try??
The ladies were hugely pressuring everyone to consider becoming Mary Kay consultants. Did you know that they have a 50% commission?? They buy something wholesale for $10 from the company and sell it for $20 to the consumer. Wow. You can make $20,000 per year if you're good. You can be as involved or not involved as you want. It would be perfect for someone with young children because it's some extra income while you stay at home and raise your family. I scoffed at the idea last night but I woke up this morning and seriously considered it...
...for about 30 seconds. I am soo not that kind of girl, in fact, I would be horrible at it. I am not a sales person and I am not a makeup person. I am very proud of myself because I recently decided that I should wash my face occasionally and I even bought some toner! Unfortunately, Mary Kay and I will not be business partners anytime soon. But I will buy her pink coral lipstick!
The ladies were hugely pressuring everyone to consider becoming Mary Kay consultants. Did you know that they have a 50% commission?? They buy something wholesale for $10 from the company and sell it for $20 to the consumer. Wow. You can make $20,000 per year if you're good. You can be as involved or not involved as you want. It would be perfect for someone with young children because it's some extra income while you stay at home and raise your family. I scoffed at the idea last night but I woke up this morning and seriously considered it...
...for about 30 seconds. I am soo not that kind of girl, in fact, I would be horrible at it. I am not a sales person and I am not a makeup person. I am very proud of myself because I recently decided that I should wash my face occasionally and I even bought some toner! Unfortunately, Mary Kay and I will not be business partners anytime soon. But I will buy her pink coral lipstick!


4 Comments:
At 11:24 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Ah, that's how they get people to listen. The pizza party. Clever bastards.
At 1:25 PM,
cali said…
I can never find any lipstick that looks good - except bright red and I can't wear that just anytime - maybe I should try those colours that look terrible in the tube...
hmmm... thanks Melbine!
At 1:25 PM,
Sugarplum said…
You spent $40 on lipstick after showing me the book that made me feel like a sucker for spending money on Clinique products? What is up with THAT?!!
You know, ever since I switched from my Clinique acne soap to Heather's natural cleanser my skin has been much better. Believe it or now, I actually don't have any pimples as we speak! That's a first in I don't wanna know how many years.
At 5:32 PM,
Melbine said…
Yes, they are clever bastards Mistress!
Calisaurus, buying tubes that look terrible is a wonderful idea! You're welcome. :)
No, no, no Sugarplum! My total purchases came to $40, the lipstick was just one of the products. However, I still spent too much money if you ask me. But they handed out chocolate bars. Chocolate bars! How is a girl and her money to resist....that's awesome about your skin! Sensitive, sensitive skin girl..
Post a Comment
<< Home