A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Just When Things Couldn't Get Worse

Tink has gotten sick in the last 24 hours. What started out as a cute little cough a day or two ago has turned into a full-fledged chest congestion cough and this morning the inklings of a runny nose has turned up. Tink's first real illness. Yesterday was a pretty rough day for him. Well, it was a rough day for me. I do not like to see my healthy little Tink not healthy! I cannot imagine what parents go through when their baby is seriously, sometimes lethally sick. Heart-stopping.

Nelbine and Mr. Roboto made it up in good time yesterday. She has a beautiful ring and she knows a lot about it too! She was asking me about the 'cut' of my own diamond. I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about. I vaguely remember someone somewhere telling there are a few components to diamonds that you should be aware of. Can you tell that I paid absolutely no attention at all?

Last night after Tink went to bed we all sat down and watched Swimming Pool, a 2003 French film by François Ozon. We all got over the awkwardness of watching many nude/sexual scenes together by making fun of the scenes etc. But it really was a good film. Ozon also directed 8 Women, which I hear is also fabulous.

In case anyone is wondering, my neck/shoulders are feeling a little better. I eagerly look forward to my massage next week! Mmmm..

5 Comments:

  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    I really, really enjoyed Swimming Pool, but for me 8 1/2 women was rubbish. Didn't like it at all - 9 good actresses just squandered. I liked Under the Sand by him. JG thought that was rubbish. Hard to tell with Ozon.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    You are so lucky your little boy is having his first cold now! Wow! That is a healthy boy. It seems to me, every time I talk to my sister her kids are sick. And then the parents get it. So the whole family is sick. Could you imagine? And there's five of them! The oldest one always throws up. He stresses himself out over things and I think that's what happens. The second is like I was; always fighing a cold. I bet he has food allergies. The little one, too young to tell.

    I bet you have been so good to get to know all your little man's food allergies that you just haven't had to deal with anything like a snotty little nose. Thanks to a smart mom, that little man's immune system is top notch!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Mistress, that's disappointing that 8 Women didn't do anything for you. I'm curious about Under the Sand as well...the young actress in Swimming Pool has been in all 3 of these films and she was amazing so I'd like to see them all at some point.

    Sugarplum, I know I'm lucky! And I do know that it might have been this way because he's the firstborn and there's no older child dragging home germs from school or daycare...but I'd also like to think my hard efforts at ensuring he didn't suffer from allergies paid off too! I'm glad to still be nursing right now as well b/c that's so great for his immune system when he's sick.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Virginie LeDoyen was in Under the Sand? I don't remember that at all!

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    No, Ludivine Sagnier. Actually she's not in Under the Sand - I thought she was!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home