A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Friday, September 01, 2006

Actions Have Consequences

Here are the consequences I have had to incur due to my actions in the last 24 hours:

1. A disrupted nap schedule for Tink today due to getting him to bed an hour and a half later than normal last night. I don't even want to go into detail about the moving experience yesterday, but I will say that the 2 men who held up the U-Haul line for half an hour to argue with the girl behind the counter have given themselves horrible karma for the next year. I didn't get home until 8:30 instead of the projected 7:30. I mean, I knew Tink wasn't going to get to bed at the same time but I didn't think it was going to be an hour and a half later!

2. Strained neck muscles requiring immediate physiotherapy so that I could turn my head properly. Again, back to the moving experience. I had my neck turned in roughly the same position for approximately 3 hours last night while on the bus ride to U-Haul and then for the almost 2 hours we waited in line.

3. A horrible nightmare that left me shaken and in my half-awake state made me think that someone had stolen Tink. I am positive this was my sub-conscious working through the guilt I felt at putting Tink on my schedule instead of vice-versa. The dream was very life-like in that it was morning time and as I was waking up I could hear rustling outside our door. Then a man teased me with putting Tink's legs at our door and dragging him across the hall. This man intended to kill Tink but I managed to kill him instead. But as I was stabbing him in the head (this was my subconscious releasing the rage I felt while standing helplessly in line for almost 2 hours), the man was laughing and saying that I cannot stop what's been put in progress. WTF??

Let's hope that the next 24 hours go a little better from here on in.

I dropped in my reunion fee to my Alma Mater yesterday afternoon and I was late. The woman I was supposed to give the money to was going to be there until 4 p.m. There I was sprinting across campus, checking my watch, hoping that I was going to make the deadline. Talk about a flashback to my university days, it was just like old times! That thought put a smile on my face - I bet I looked really funny running and smiling.

I hope that everyone has a good long weekend. I have much to do to prepare Nelbine's room for her before she gets here tomorrow. I hope that this month together works out! Which means, I hope that Tink doesn't have too many restless nights that keeps her awake.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Take a bath and have a girly drink. Or, if you want to stay alcohol-free, have a special cup of tea. That will make you feel better.

    There is nothing wrong with thinking about yourself every once and a while. A happy mom is a good mom. You have to take care of yourself.

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Happy moms are definitely better moms than unhappy moms. Tink has been awake for 2 hours now and therefore I am wide awake! Man are we ever paying for not putting him to bed on time night before last.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home