Turn On Your Brain...
...and turn off your air conditioning! I am becoming increasingly infuriated at my neighbours who somehow think the current weather requires air conditioning to function. Last time I checked it hasn't been heating up past 20 degrees celcius or so. I was so worried when we got A/C last summer that we would fall prey to this kind of non-thinking but I still remain highly conscious of when air conditioning is necessary or not. The final straw was getting ready for bed last night at 10 p.m. and hearing their stupid machine turn on! We have only turned our air conditioning one, maybe two days, since coming home almost three weeks ago.
Anyhoo, I'm just waiting for Tink to wake up from his nap and then he's off to his grandparents for the rest of his day and I am off to help T.O. move across town. On the way to her place I am stopping into my alma mater to hand over $40 for the upcoming 10 year reunion. 10 years since the program started which means 9 years since I started university. 9 years. I wonder if people 9 years older than me passed on the street when I was 19 and thought I looked like a baby the way I do when I pass a 19 year old now. Funny.
Last night I went to see a chiropedist about getting orthotic sandals. No, I am not going to bore you with that..the point being that I was flipping through a really interesting local magazine and came across a very, very funny sight. An ex-acquaintance of mine was posing for an art charity event and he looked oh so ridiculous. I apologize if he ever reads this, but it is things like this that make me roll my eyes and say, "Oh ___, you're so silly". I ripped the page out because I like to look at it and laugh. I'm so shallow sometimes.
Speaking of shallow, I've become enamoured with a local radio station's gossip bit every morning. Today they announced that there is photographic evidence of John Travolta being gay! Gasp! No! What do you think? I've seen him do interviews and the man is very affectionate with everyone. Everyone. This doesn't look like a lover's kiss to me...
Anyhoo, I'm just waiting for Tink to wake up from his nap and then he's off to his grandparents for the rest of his day and I am off to help T.O. move across town. On the way to her place I am stopping into my alma mater to hand over $40 for the upcoming 10 year reunion. 10 years since the program started which means 9 years since I started university. 9 years. I wonder if people 9 years older than me passed on the street when I was 19 and thought I looked like a baby the way I do when I pass a 19 year old now. Funny.
Last night I went to see a chiropedist about getting orthotic sandals. No, I am not going to bore you with that..the point being that I was flipping through a really interesting local magazine and came across a very, very funny sight. An ex-acquaintance of mine was posing for an art charity event and he looked oh so ridiculous. I apologize if he ever reads this, but it is things like this that make me roll my eyes and say, "Oh ___, you're so silly". I ripped the page out because I like to look at it and laugh. I'm so shallow sometimes.
Speaking of shallow, I've become enamoured with a local radio station's gossip bit every morning. Today they announced that there is photographic evidence of John Travolta being gay! Gasp! No! What do you think? I've seen him do interviews and the man is very affectionate with everyone. Everyone. This doesn't look like a lover's kiss to me...


5 Comments:
At 7:06 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Have you seen the Scientology episode of South Park yet? He feels really safe in the closet, ohmigod.
At 8:52 AM,
Melbine said…
Noooo!! Really? That's pretty funny. I don't know, I just can't imagine people making such elaborate messes of their personal lives to cover it up. Can you imagine your life being one big lie? Maybe some people can live like that but not me.
At 9:18 AM,
Sugarplum said…
SO, this silly ex-acquaintance... is it the person you recently said that phrase "Oh ---, you're so silly" about? The one with the computer?
At 11:16 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
I need a better hint. Do I know him?
At 1:42 PM,
Melbine said…
Yes it is the one with the computer Sugarplum. Mistress, this acquaintance was in a dear friend's life for a long time before she dumped his ass about 2 years ago. Do you know??
Post a Comment
<< Home