A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Monday, September 25, 2006

Gilgamesh

I have woken up the last two mornings with the supposed anthem of my undergraduate degree entitled, "Gilgamesh". Two alumni sang it at the reunion this past weekend and it is so catchy! Of course only a group full of nerdy liberal artsy farts like us would find it funny and amusing, just like many moments of the weekend. It was really nice to catch up with people and everyone looked great and seemed at a pretty good place in their lives. The best part was seeing all of the professors again as they were wonderful teachers and just so damn approachable as far as professors go.

Thankfully there were some highlights of my weekend because there were some low moments that were just so out of character for me, or my luck rather. I got a $75 parking ticket on Friday. I followed this up with a hefty bumper scrape in Sugarplum's driveway on Saturday. Yuck. I hate mishaps involving cars. Ms. D was in the car with me for the scrape incident and she reassured me that I seemed very calm and handled the situation with ease instead of rage or frustration. Cars are not worth my rage! But I understood what she meant as I think many of us grew up with parents (okay, fathers) who just may have reacted far worse than I had. I managed to go on to have a great evening...

This is a busy week coming up. The cleaning lady managed to show up this morning so she's here right now. The highly anticipated Yo-Yo Ma concert is tomorrow night. My sister is moving out on Thursday and through all of this there is a dear friend in town from Japan for the week. I will have to make sure to get some visits in with him before he goes!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Yo Yo Ma! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    Tell Jiri allo allo allo. It was fun to see him here and I'm sorry I missed my sweetie too much to see him again Sunday,

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yaay for Yo-Yo!

    I'll tell Jiri hello. I didn't realize that you saw him last week but that makes sense. He would totally understand about you wanting to get home to see your sweetie.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    He got here at 7pm which would have been really late for you to catch the bus back to Toronto after visiting with us.

    I spent the day yesterday napping and making my apartment clean enough to have people over. Too bad I had people over all weekend to the mess that was my world on Friday. There's something about cleaning after a messy weekend that feels so good. I hope we make it out to see your cleaning lady's work today!

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Your place really wasn't messy Sugarplum. At least not to anyone else but yourself! It is heavenly to have a clean place after mess and filth.

    It's also heavenly to nap. :)

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Tell me about it. Naps rule. Sundays should always have naps built into them. Maybe that's what God meant about the Sabbath. But that is Saturday, isn't it? WEll, either day would do it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home