A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Flare Up

It appears that I am dealing with a bout of blepharitis right now. What started as an angry patch of red skin near my right eye has now morphed into an inflamed lower lid on my left eye. I had been putting vitamin E oil on the irritated skin thinking I had a touch of a rash. In the back of my mind I suspected the return of my blepharitis since it's been oh so long since I've had to deal with it. I'm going to look nice and silly just in time for the reunion this weekend. Ah well.

How is it that there is only 10 days of September left? It still doesn't beat the whiz by that was August, but before you know it Tink will be one and I will be standing there dumbfounded that I have a toddler in my home. I will also have no excuse but to say one way or another what I plan to do with work. I neglected to mention that my former manager got in touch with me late last week to inquire about my availability for a contract. It was for immediately so I had no problem turning that down but I know that the work will always be there. I imagine that they will periodically get in touch to see if I'm interested. Which is very nice on the one hand, to feel needed and important, but not so nice on the other. I'm not explaining myself very well.

What about Tink? I think that a baby needs his or her mother much more than a big, old institution that can always find someone who will happily take offered work. Maybe I should go and buy a lottery ticket and then the problem will really be solved! Well, if I win...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    Is the blepharitis some sort of infection or a stress-based physical irritation? You should try Organika's Candida capsules - I think those are okay for nursing mothers and it won't fuck you up like penicillin.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Did you read the link I put with it? It's something that never goes away and I think it's more infection than stress based. Although you never know, right? Anyway, I've had it my whole life, starting out a seasonal sty (seriously, I'd get 3 or 4 a year) and then a big flare up in second year. Anyway, the best thing is warm compresses before cleaning the lids thoroughly a couple of times a day. Krazy's going out to buy me the cleanser today since mine expired 5 years ago.

    Are you around tonight? I'm finally free and I'm long overdue to call you..

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    I should be around later in the evening, around nine or something.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Okay, I'll try you around then!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    It's not very noticable, Melbine. I didn't notice it last night until you brought it up.

    I do think using make-up makes it worse. Maybe if you stop for a few days it will be better by this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home