A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Friday, August 18, 2006

We All Scream For Ice Cream

I am on a huge ice cream kick right now. We have walked over twice in the past few days to the local joint to get cones. I'm pretty sure it's just a summer, menstrual craving...but what I should really do is just go and buy my own 2L tub for the same price that I'm paying for 2 scoops in a cone.

Tink's stretch of night wakings is over. Last night he slept continuously from 7:10 p.m. until 6:10 this morning. And then he fell back asleep and slept another half hour after that! Thank God that's over because I couldn't take another night of being awake. We've been there done that - no regressing allowed! Yeah right.

Gotta go - we have a deck date with the neighbours!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Somebody enjoys her ice cream...

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    If the ice cream joint is good the exorbiant price is worth it, I think.

    Everything here is tickety-boo and lovely.

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Sugarplum said…

    Girl, you should be using your beautiful ice cream maker. I just got one at the wedding shower I was at last weekend. I am planning on making some yummy ice cream as soon as my freezer freezes that bowl. My freezer sucks. Popsicles don't even stay hard in there.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    We've decided to buy our own ice cream AND buy the exorbitant ice cream at the store. The ice cream wasn't that spectacular to be honest.

    I know, we should totally be using our ice cream maker more than we do. But then we KNOW how much bad stuff we're putting into our bodies, instead of pretending to be blissfully ignorant of what goes into ice cream! Congrats on your maker btw!

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not sure what exactly goes into ice cream, but I'm pretty sure it's all good stuff. And when you make your own at home, you have control of what goes in it, so you know it's all good stuff.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Of course it's 'good' stuff that goes into ice cream, but it's bad too. You know?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home