Settling Down
Everything here is slowly starting to return to normal. Relatives from far away have travelled back to their homes, the funeral is over (here's Grandma's obituary), food and flowers have stopped being delivered. But it is only now that everything is really starting to sink in. I think that's usually the case in a situation like this? We all have to keep reminding our brains that she's not here anymore. No, you can't drop in to visit her because she's not there.
Tink has not stopped developing and growing through all of this. He is soo close to crawling! Now he waves excessively to everyone, claps his hands, and blinks his eyes. He has gotten another tooth with another one soon to follow. This morning he was sitting up in his crib! His Ottawa grandparents are just not going to recognize him when they see him next week.
I am realizing that it is only a few weeks away until September! My sister Nelbine has gotten into teacher's college at University of Ottawa so another one of the clan will be joining us! At first the talk was that she would be living with us but now she is looking at rooms downtown to be nice and close to the school. I completely understand that. It also might be her only chance to live alone in her whole life since it is inevitable that she and her boyfriend will get married shortly after her schooling is completed.
Life just continues to plod along doesn't it? It doesn't stop for anything..
Tink has not stopped developing and growing through all of this. He is soo close to crawling! Now he waves excessively to everyone, claps his hands, and blinks his eyes. He has gotten another tooth with another one soon to follow. This morning he was sitting up in his crib! His Ottawa grandparents are just not going to recognize him when they see him next week.
I am realizing that it is only a few weeks away until September! My sister Nelbine has gotten into teacher's college at University of Ottawa so another one of the clan will be joining us! At first the talk was that she would be living with us but now she is looking at rooms downtown to be nice and close to the school. I completely understand that. It also might be her only chance to live alone in her whole life since it is inevitable that she and her boyfriend will get married shortly after her schooling is completed.
Life just continues to plod along doesn't it? It doesn't stop for anything..


3 Comments:
At 9:05 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Fate is inexorable . . . but your grandmother will always be a part of you, and your sister, and your Tink.
At 10:45 AM,
Sugarplum said…
I'm glad you're back. I was starting to get worried. I know it's busy down there but don't forget to make time for yourself.
At 10:49 AM,
Melbine said…
Yes I'm back. Although the phone and internet access has been down for the past 2 days so that's why I didn't reply to this. I do make time for myself here..I don't think of the internet nearly as often though. Which is good I think?
Post a Comment
<< Home