Unpacking is Good for the Soul
I've been settling back in today after 3 weeks away. I have returned home with such a different perspective on things than from when I left. All kinds of deep thoughts have been swirling in my head these days...mostly private and probably boring to anyone else. Some of these thoughts have to do with the meaning of family and the connection one has to a geographical location. Whenever I go home my body and/or soul seems to sigh with relief, like it can recharge or something. Even when I'm annoyed with some of the neighbouring hicks' behaviour, or not being able to quickly run out and do errands because you ALWAYS run into a few people that you need to stop and chat to...really though, why should that annoy me? I think that's something nice and I wish it would happen more often here in Ottawa.
Speaking of Ottawa, I found out that my great-great grandfather was born in Ottawa in 1866! This means that I actually have an older connection to this city than Krazy, who was born and raised here! There you go. As to how the bleep he ended up in Bruce County? I have no idea...I'm going to have to do some investigating.
Tink has been settling back in pretty good. He looked around at his room with delight when we got home last night. When we were buying groceries today he gave his usual big nose-scrunching, teeth-baring smile to everyone. A mother and her young daughter stopped to talk to us and when the mother said, 'Look, he likes you!' to her daughter, Tink raised his eyebrows and then lapped his tongue around over his teeth like creepy perverts like to do as adolescent girls walk by! He does this because he's feeling his teeth, but it was pretty hilarious timing. What a boy. Do I have a player on my hands??
Speaking of Ottawa, I found out that my great-great grandfather was born in Ottawa in 1866! This means that I actually have an older connection to this city than Krazy, who was born and raised here! There you go. As to how the bleep he ended up in Bruce County? I have no idea...I'm going to have to do some investigating.
Tink has been settling back in pretty good. He looked around at his room with delight when we got home last night. When we were buying groceries today he gave his usual big nose-scrunching, teeth-baring smile to everyone. A mother and her young daughter stopped to talk to us and when the mother said, 'Look, he likes you!' to her daughter, Tink raised his eyebrows and then lapped his tongue around over his teeth like creepy perverts like to do as adolescent girls walk by! He does this because he's feeling his teeth, but it was pretty hilarious timing. What a boy. Do I have a player on my hands??


2 Comments:
At 9:05 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Well, if he's going to be a good revolutionary, he should be able to charm the ladies!
At 7:41 AM,
Melbine said…
Yes, this is true!
Post a Comment
<< Home