A Patch of Blue

But if we share our sadness, And hopes and feelings too; Amid the frequent rain of tears, We'll find our patch of blue. - Eleisha John

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Get Down Tonight

I have had KC and the Sunshine Band songs in my head all day today. I am very, very excited to see them live in concert at Bluesfest this weekend. I went last night with my cuzzy cuz and it was awesome! Nelly Furtado (and the dancers and band she brought with her) was amazing, which surprised me for some reason. The best part was when she sang a gorgeous acoustic version of "Crazy" by Narles Barkley. After her was Live, who are also good live. Ha-ha. There were lots of bad jokes floating around about seeing Live live. But it still made me smile.

Today was gross outside. You know it's hot out when the air conditioning goes on at 9 in the morning. Typically ours starts up in the afternoon. Poor Tink appears to have a heat rash on his back and on his cheeks. He was grumpy today. Krazy just got him to fall asleep mere minutes ago and normally he's already asleep a good half hour by 7:30.

I'm grumpy today too. I'm just getting used to menstruating again (sorry male readers) and it truly does make you more irritable doesn't it? I forgot how badly you feel like crawling out of your uncomfortable skin; how much less patience you have; how crampy you get and how tired you get. There were two cranky babies in the house. :)

Our bumdick neighbour has reverted to his old ways and has started to slam the front door and interrupt Tink's naps again. Unfortunately I had a really lovely chat with his wife since then and heard their life story. The man is 71 years old and lost his first wife when he was only 40! So now I feel bad about asking him to change the way he closes his front door, but clearly not bad enough because I still call him bumdick and dickwad constantly.

Here's something funny if you need a giggle - and who doesn't? I got a spam email and the subject title read: "My peenis (sic) is always hard and is able to move without interruption!"

Good night.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Mistress La Spliffe said…

    BLUESFEST!!!! Weeeee!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Melbine said…

    Yay!!

    You're probably getting ready to leave as I write this!

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well see, you see, half of it's function is directing pee where it needs to be directed to. Hence peenis.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Melbine said…

    HAHA Jiri - good point. Maybe we should start some kind of campaign to have the spelling officially changed to reflect the multitude of functions. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home