Making It Work Takes A Little Time
Will I be ready for the big trip home on Tuesday morning? I haven't done anything in preparation as things have been so busy the last few days! The wedding yesterday was so beautiful and so much fun! I love weddings so much, it renews my faith in the true spirit of humankind. Plus there was a fabulous view of Parliament Hill and the DJ immediately played any requests. Ms. D and Mr. C are heading off on the honeymoon tomorrow, I hope they have a blast!
I think I have overscheduled myself for tomorrow. Here is what is on my plate: doctor's appointment, two social visits from friends who don't live here who are in town for weddings, hair appointment, Tink's swimming lesson...plus some laundry and actually packing for myself and a 9 month old for the next 2 weeks. Good God! Wish me luck.
Mama Bear and I got to have some alone time today when we left all the hoodlums at home and went shopping at the mall. I enjoy our conversations. I wish we could shop alone together at malls more often!
Today is the 13th anniversary of my Opa's passing. I was freshly 15 when he died and he was the first person that I had lost in my life that I loved dearly. Time really does dim the pain of him not being here anymore but tears can still rise up so easily. I used to not even be able to talk about him but I've been able to do that tear-free for a number of years now. I miss you Opa.
I think I have overscheduled myself for tomorrow. Here is what is on my plate: doctor's appointment, two social visits from friends who don't live here who are in town for weddings, hair appointment, Tink's swimming lesson...plus some laundry and actually packing for myself and a 9 month old for the next 2 weeks. Good God! Wish me luck.
Mama Bear and I got to have some alone time today when we left all the hoodlums at home and went shopping at the mall. I enjoy our conversations. I wish we could shop alone together at malls more often!
Today is the 13th anniversary of my Opa's passing. I was freshly 15 when he died and he was the first person that I had lost in my life that I loved dearly. Time really does dim the pain of him not being here anymore but tears can still rise up so easily. I used to not even be able to talk about him but I've been able to do that tear-free for a number of years now. I miss you Opa.


4 Comments:
At 9:23 PM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Where's the honeymoon?
I miss my Italian grandfather, he left around the same time. That's such a special kind of love and pride with them.
At 8:32 AM,
Anonymous said…
They ventured west to California actually!
What's the Italian word for Grandpa? It is a special thing..
At 8:44 AM,
Mistress La Spliffe said…
Nonno. He was a great man.
At 2:58 PM,
Anonymous said…
Nonno - that's awesome! You've told me a little bit about him..the calibre of men of our grandfather's generation are hard to find these days. Not to say that these men were perfect (!), but boy were they men.
Post a Comment
<< Home